Costume ideas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlacierRidge

Reaction score
We have one mini who we usually take trick or treating with us every year. We have taken the cart too, but it's such a hassle, we live in the country and have to trailer everything to a relative's house, prepare there and set off. Last year, I took him just leading him, and we had a better time. Not to mention that he has not been between the shafts a whole lot this year.

I really wasn't in the "mood" to go all out this year, but my son (age 7) is a little disappointed that I wasn't planning on taking Magic with us this year. I know the neighborhood kids love it, some even know to watch for us every year. I bring something to clean up messes, have him dressed up in glo sticks, etc....(on his feet, attached to halter, in his tail, etc), and we've even dressed him in costume every year. Little black horse in a red devil costume I just whipped up. Pretty plain, and just consisted of a headband with devil horns and a red cape.

So....I'm thinking about my son's disappointment, and how this seems to have become tradition the past few years, and maybe we ought to keep it up. I really had considered, if I did anything, and had more time, to try to find a shrek costume and take one of our suitable mini donkeys instead. But Magic just lives for this sort of thing.....he'd miss it.

Anyway........I'd love to see costumes you've made your minis endure. Something I might be able to whip up on short notice......so perhaps Magic could go trick or treating again this year....but not have to be a devil again. (the cape never stays anyway, was more of a pain than it was worth!). Oh and how I wish I had a pack saddle for him...for all that candy my kid seems to get!

Angie

I was absolutely rolling on the floor laughing at the caveman/wooly mammoth costume from the 2008 AMHR Nationals. I found it on youtube. Here's the link...

[SIZE=8pt]I like the indian paint idea and have used it on my hrose for a parade. Buy finger paint, though, as craft paint is hard to wash off! Also, with heavy fur it might not work as well as in the summer when the horse is slicked off.[/SIZE]

Here is my boy with a few decorations on him. I am thinking of taking him to town this year also, for trick or treat.

dapperfly.jpg

We are going to do a headless horseman with one of our minis this year. Using a small western saddle, stuffed clothes with shoes and gloves for hands to make the rider and a small pumpkin for a head with battery powered mini lights in the pumpkin head.

We are going to do a headless horseman with one of our minis this year. Using a small western saddle, stuffed clothes with shoes and gloves for hands to make the rider and a small pumpkin for a head with battery powered mini lights in the pumpkin head.
Oh, please DO post pictures!!!
default_laugh.png

Thanks for the replies! I'd LOVE to see the headless horseman pics! The wooly mammoth was adorable!!! I like the spider decorations too!

We did have to get permission from our local police dept. to do this..... I have to have two adults, the ability (and supplies) to clean up any mess, and he does need to be well marked in the dark, they said. Just for the person considering doing it.

Angie

Latest posts

Back