Cost of transport

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debbiesshelties

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone have an idea how much the cost per mile on transport is these days?

I am looking at a couple of minis, but being out of state I am afraid the price of gas will make transport out of my price range.

Thanks for any info.

Debbie

With the recent increase in gas prices you should probably try to contact some shippers directly and get a quote.

I just had a mare delivered from WI 2 weeks ago....and I paid about .39 a mile...it was $700 to come 1760 miles. I used Horsein Around, Inc.

Tracy

Flyin G Farm said:
I just had a mare delivered from WI 2 weeks ago....and I paid about .39 a mile...it was $700 to come 1760 miles.  I used Horsein Around, Inc.
Tracy

449706[/snapback]

Thanks Tracy,

That doesn't sound too bad since my trip would be about half that distance.

I'd start getting quotes as soon as possible. With the fuel prices like they are, and if they don't look like they are coming down, transporters will be forced to either raise prices or add a short-term sur-charge.

Larry is probably going to do the sur-charge and hopes he can drop it after September. We suspect fuel prices will go down after that at least a little.

Our water delivery man just informed me he was adding a surcharge because out here fuel is costing on average $2.89. Bet it will hit $3.00 just for the Labor Day weekend traveling.

MA

The current "Government" travel rate is 40.5 cents per mile. It should help you in your getting a "feel" for travel costs.

BTW, I would not be surprised is that rate gets "upgraded" before years end.

Tommy

Back