Cost of shipping?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
What is the going rate to ship minis?

CMHR moves horses around from time to time and we really are not up on the shipping rates. What is reasonable and what is too much?

Thank you!

It really varies from one shipper to another, however I have seen some real horror stories on the internet lately about bad shippers that are not reliable and one person had their horse 'disappear'. My recommendation is to get some quotes from various RELIABLE shippers, and dont just go with whoever is cheap.

I am very well versed in the horrors of some shipping companies as I have had a few of those myself.

I really would prefer getting private people to haul for us and don't know what is an appropriate rate to pay per mile etc. Presently I need one moved from Connecticut to Michigan and didn't have a clue about what the charges should be.

Anyone ever interested please let us know. . .

I know it's a different situation, but due to the distances travelled where I live, the vets charge mileage for ranch calls. One vet charges $2.50/mile one-way and the other charges $3.00/mile one-way. We've paid in the $2/mile range for bulk deliveries (that's usually per loaded mile; some places charge $1.00-1.50/mile round trip). Mileage can really add up when you are 50 miles from one vet and 65 miles from the other.
default_new_shocked.gif

Latest posts

Back