Converting Overcheck to Sidecheck?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kendra

Reaction score
I'd like to switch my harness from an overcheck to a sidecheck. I know I've seen places where you can buy a sidecheck, but does anyone know where you can get the little metal loops that a sidecheck runs through on the bridle? Is this something I can do myself, or had I better look for a harness shop?

I just send a bridle back to harness maker, it was easier for me and them. Plus will look nicer since it will be consistant with the look of the original bridle. Went from no check to side check.

The best thing to do is probably send it back to the manufacturer as CZP1 said. If you need just a temporary fix to be able to use the bridle on a particular horse at home, you could probably run a loop of some sort of black twine across the headstall and secure it to the openings the overcheck normally runs through. Put knots to either side of the places it's secured to keep it from sliding from side to side and either run the sidecheck through loops of the twine itself or suspend key rings or another make-shift loop from the end. It's really pretty easy to jury-rig harness; what's hard is doing it attractively!
default_biggrin.png

Leia

Latest posts

Back