Constipated dog

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can use a bit of heavy whipping creme ...1 teaspoon will do the trick , and he will like it : )

Hum.....looks like I have to go to the store.

Sounds like the dog is having pumpkin pie for breakfast complete with whipped cream. Maybe just cheer him on a little
default_aktion033.gif

That's the joy of canned pumpkin.. a small amount helps firm while a larger amount helps loosen.

I've heard others have success by giving some butter... or you could use some mineral oil mixed in wet food.

My MILs dog was constipated after surgery, vet prescribed Metamucil, sorry can't remember the amount. He wouldn't eat the metamucil, but would eat BeneFiber (flavorless, dissolves better in water).

When I thought my dog was constipated I took her to the vet. It turned out that I was wrong. The exrays showed that she had kidney stones. The surgery went well and she is doing great a year later. I have her on a special diet though.

Just sayin, it may be something more serious.

If it is just constipation, some cooked vegies may do the trick. maybe green beans , carrots, and a little broccolli? Sometimes changing the dog food will do it.

If it is more serious than that i would see the vet.

We have a cat that has megacolon. If your dog has chronic constipation, you can get a product from the vet called Laculose. Pumpkin, metamucil (no flavor kind), prune juice, fish oil pills, and mineral oil help but you have to be 100% positive that there isn't an impaction before you give any kind of oil or you can rupture the intestines.

Latest posts

Back