Congress win!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Us N Texas

Reaction score
Due to our recent move from Ky. to Texas, one computer breaking down, and the other not working properly, this is old news, but have to brag anyway! My daughters Nata and Tina took our classic yearling gelding Blackduck's High Plains Drifter, to the Shetland Congress. He won his class at Congress, and was reserve overall gelding! Those were the first ribbons and plaque that were hung in our new house. "Drifter" is mine and Jerry's first and only shetland. Thanks Leah Johnson for selling us such a fine first one, and thanks Nata and Tina for taking him to the Congress for us!

Carolyn,

I got to see your little guy and I can understand why you are so proud and Nata and Tina did a great job with him. So how is everything in Texas, I really missed seeing you in Greenville.

Just Us N Texas said:
Due to our recent move from Ky. to Texas, one computer breaking down, and the other not working properly, this is old news, but have to brag anyway!  My daughters Nata and Tina took our classic yearling gelding Blackduck's High Plains Drifter, to the Shetland Congress.  He won  his class at Congress, and was reserve overall gelding!  Those were the first ribbons and plaque that were hung in our new house.  "Drifter" is mine and Jerry's first and only shetland.  Thanks Leah Johnson for selling us such a fine first one, and thanks Nata and Tina for taking him to the Congress for us!
464274[/snapback]

To tell you the truth Alsion, I missed being in Greenville too! I miss a lot of things and a lot of people. Right now, I am very homesick! Everyone else went to Nationals and here I sit, with the horses and dogs! Something doesn't feel right about this picture! Getting anything done here has been like pulling teeth! It cost twice the amount we were told to have a water meter put in, and the estimate for the septic tank was high, but the final bill was even higher! This after weeks of waiting and begging and calling. Electricity took three weeks, and the phone was put in in a week, but with temporary lines that went out every time it rained or a gopher bit it. Finally after a month, they buried the lines and now I do have regular phone service. It's been rough, but finally things are starting to come together. I will say the stars are brighter than I've ever seen, and except for the mosquitos, the nights are absolutely beautiful! There are lots of things we would like to do, and lots of places we want to see once everything settles down here.

Congrats! It must be great to have a winner like that! Hope you like your new home in TX.

Congratulations Carolyn.
aktion033.gif
Good to hear from you. We lived in San Antonio for 5 years during our military days. Didn't like Texas when we got there but didn't mind it after awhile. Sure didn't like all of those tornada's & warnings though especially since we lived in a mobile home.............. Hope you all are settled in soon.

Latest posts

Back