confused

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm waiting anxiously with you
I just saw her and she is so grumpy. She stomped her back leg when I touched under the flank on both sides. I have never seen her like this. Normally I say she be fine with an ultrasound but I have no idea how she will react now. Her udder was quite warm today. But she has a full winter coat and it’s in the 70’s today.

Vet did not offer a blood test?
I'm not so sure how it is with minis but I've known more than a few mares who were examined by a vet and found to not be pregnant and produce a foal several months later. Twins missed on ultrasound, and fetuses who have dropped the uterus low and can't be detected through palpation or ultrasound. I do hope this is actually conclusive for you but if she was my mare, I'd keep a watch in the future. I don't mean you shouldn't work her, I think a reasonable amount of work is good for a pregnant mare too - makes recovery easier, but I'd keep that in the back of my mind.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy her and sort out her sensitivity.

Update: I am having a different vet out tomorrow to look at my mare. Probably will ask to have a blood test taken for pregnancy just to be sure. Mare has a sunken in spot right next to her hip which is odd.

Found a place i could move her and watch her diet better. That decision to move will be based on what the vet thinks.

Attachments

• 38CD2A09-88BC-47CC-87E7-4FC74A7CD796.jpeg
    38CD2A09-88BC-47CC-87E7-4FC74A7CD796.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
Okay, blood shows not pregnant! She just swimming in fat and gas. 😂 I moving her to a place where she can get on a diet and exercise program. Thanks everyone

If on a diet you still have trouble with her staying fat (make sure it's not just winter hair), I highly recommend you have her thyroid checked with a blood test. It's not expensive, nor is the medication. Without it, she will just stay fat on 'air'.

Latest posts

Back