Conformation crituiqe

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustAGamble11

Reaction score
here is my 2 year old gelging Jag at on of his shows please tell me what you think

l_7a22e27681e5db7dc94ad71e240af681.jpg

l_d75c18592e3b357abfab0dd38a6ed772.jpg

thanks
default_biggrin.png

I'm not good at critiques but I just wanted to say he looks really awesome! He's so handsome!! Love his color.

Nice job , i believe i seen you in the ring once or twice if my memory is right...are those photos from the ashland show this weekend ? We took 4 horses ourselves. He is pretty
default_smile.png

I think he's pretty. He's a bit parked out in the top photo and its making his barrel look larger than it is. He would show better squared up. Also, don't stand so close. He can't stretch his neck properly. Work on him at home to stretch his neck without creeping. That way you can stand farther away, ask for a nice neck and get it. You'll also want him to bring his head up higher, then ask for the stetch. Sorry, I'm not critiquing your horse, but thought these ideas would help him show even better.
default_smile.png
(I'm horrible at crowding my horse and have to remind myself I need to step back and let the horse show).

Try taking some pictures where he isn't covered in shadows. Hard to tell if they are shadows or his body.
default_smile.png

His grooming looks great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job , i believe i seen you in the ring once or twice if my memory is right...are those photos from the ashland show this weekend ? We took 4 horses ourselves. He is pretty
default_smile.png
yes those are from this weekend what classes did you enter?

and Keri i was letting him stretch but this photo was when i was fixing his halter they were the only pics i could get to show up and i fixed his feet also lol it was at a wrong time to take a pic lol thanks though

Latest posts

Back