Conformation Critique Please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlottein

Reaction score
So I did not get any responses of conformation critique last time, so I took some new pics. Please tell me what you see! He is starting to get fuzzy so I trimmed his face and neck a bit but did a bad job.

This is my silver dapple gelding Bondes Bouncin B Glorious Chaos:

Conformation.jpg

Right2.jpg

Stretch.jpg

Stretch2.jpg

FaceSide2.jpg

Forward3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks cowhocked to me, narrow in the front end, and his hip is quite a bit higher then is withers. Not an issue if he's still growing though. Plain-ish head, I like his neck though. Not bad, not a world champ, but not stand out omg bad confo in the lesat bit!

I am no expert but to me he looks high in the rear.

He is very cute and I love his color !!

Last edited by a moderator:
He's really cute!! I love his coloring!! He is a little high in the rump but my baby is too but they are still cute. Ha ha

hes cute. like his feet as look balanced, cowhocky a lil, but for a pet and something to love and snuggle, not bad and i would own him too!

love his color and looks like hes a lil lover!

How old is he? I think if he were stood properly on level ground, body clipped and wearing a show halter, he'd look completely different. He is high in the rear but setting him up would take off some of that rear end height (the picture where you have him stretched out he's standing with his butt uphill). I don't see cowhocked - no picture from the rear. I do see him being a bit straight through the stifle. I think his chest is fine.

He's got a very kissable nose and I think he's darling.

Like a few others mentioned, I don't feel like these pictures do him full justice. Things that people are seeing might be the fact that he isn’t set up right. So I would have to say that we don’t have the proper pictures to make many clams. I think he has the potential to be a very nice boy. Again, if he was set properly and clipped we would see a totally different horse.

I'm no expert but he is cute. Chunky but I love his coloring. Very kissable. Bet you love him to pieces. That's why we buy them in the first place.

Latest posts

Back