Conformation Critique and Need Advice

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlottein

Reaction score
I was trying to get some photos for Chaos' transfer paperwork. Man that is harder than I thought. Any tips? Every time I try to get out of the picture he follows. I used treats to get him to move his head, but could not get him to prick his ears. Tried to square him up but he would not stay still. ^.^ My husband crouched down to get these pics. I have been working on getting him in shape, so he is still a bit chubby. And he is starting to grow in his winter coat so he is getting a fuzzy face.

So anyway now that I have okay pictures I wanted to have you folks give me a critique! So here is Bondes Bouncin B Glorious Chaos:

HeadTurned.jpg

Left.jpg

Right.jpg

Front.jpg

BigEye.jpg

AreYouKiddingMe2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No advice on how to get them to standstill, I have the same problem. But, you might want to try outside wiht the sun behind the photographer; these you've shared are nice, but a bit dark (possibly too dark for registration pics).

Ya, I was thinking they were dark - they were washed out outside because it was too bright, but these don't even show his dapples. I guess I will have to try a different time of day when it is less bright. Thanks!

Ya, I was thinking they were dark - they were washed out outside because it was too bright, but these don't even show his dapples. I guess I will have to try a different time of day when it is less bright. Thanks!
For me, mid-morning or a little earlier is usually better; before the sun gets too high in the sky (I suppose late afternoon/evening would work the same way).

Can anyone critique his conformation for me? I have noticed that his tail set is not very high. His head is pretty, though since he has his winter fuzz you cannot see it.

Latest posts

Back