Conformation and breeding

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking to get some opinions on my 4 year old stallions conformation and breeding. I just got him not that long ago and plan to start showing him next year. He is a 32" AMHA/AMHR Black Homozygous Tobiano

Breeding

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/hale+farms+show+me+a+playboy

He was also bring trimmed by someone who didn't know anything about minis before I got him and he had so much heel and no toe

15056298_10154316029269635_6981579983811516304_n.jpg

15079064_10154316029479635_1935577958592364099_n.jpg

I agree with Marsha , but I will add that I like his back/topline , short and level . Very pretty boy, I like his star n snip
default_smile.png
Those are the things I've decided so far.
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your new mini. I think he is cute. He is quite flashy with the star and snip. I agree that he has a bit of a low tail set but that does not bother me personally. When he gets working his bum will round out, I bet, and it will be less noticable. I noticed he is a touch higher in the withers than the rump and I wonder if he is having a final growth spurt. Sometimes seem to grow like a see saw until they even out. His legs look good, no toeing in or out. Maybe slighly toeing out on the right front but just a wee bit and maybe that's his stance at the moment. He's awfully furry for me to comment on his neck and throatlatch. He looks like he has a happy attitude.

Are you going to drive him :)?

He's very cute but what I see is a very low tail set, I don't care too much for his backend and he's straight in the shoulder. Other than that he's too hairy to see much more. I would think he'd make a nice gelding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your new mini. I think he is cute. He is quite flashy with the star and snip. I agree that he has a bit of a low tail set but that does not bother me personally. When he gets working his bum will round out, I bet, and it will be less noticable. I noticed he is a touch higher in the withers than the rump and I wonder if he is having a final growth spurt. Sometimes seem to grow like a see saw until they even out. His legs look good, no toeing in or out. Maybe slighly toeing out on the right front but just a wee bit and maybe that's his stance at the moment. He's awfully furry for me to comment on his neck and throatlatch. He looks like he has a happy attitude.

Are you going to drive him :)?
He was on a bit of an incline so maybe he looks higher because of it and he was trying to get out of the way since he was super nervous. Hoping to drive him!

I hope that you keep us posted with his venture into driving. I don't get to drive as much as I would like and I love to hear about everyone elses jaunts with their minis.

Thank you everyone! Hopefully he will be off for training in February and in the meantime I just finished my cart and am starting to get me AMHR/FMHA Appaloosa mare driving ?

I've added a few pictures off her, I'm ok if anyone wants to let me know what they think of her conformation?

14195331_10154098532769635_5192454798393147623_o.jpg

14089146_10154081623294635_6832072711132225375_n.jpg

I like looking at the horses and learning from comments, but I don't feel qualified to critique. I did comment on the tail set of the stallion because I had a horse with that one time and I believe it may have caused some problems for him as a driving horse. Different conformation issues can affect different disciplines.

I do like appaloosas! Your mare is beautifully groomed and should look stunning in harness.

Latest posts

Back