Conditioning Cart Seat

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

Willow Flats

MHT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,
I sold one of my three carts to the newest mini driver convert. I washed it today and the vinyl seat looks a little dull. What do you use for conditioning? I know not to use Armoral because I knew a guy that did that and he slid all over the place! Any suggestions? I don't want the new convert to go flying!!!
It's not being picked up until Monday.

Marsha Cassada

Reaction score
Hey all,
I sold one of my three carts to the newest mini driver convert. I washed it today and the vinyl seat looks a little dull. What do you use for conditioning? I know not to use Armoral because I knew a guy that did that and he slid all over the place! Any suggestions? I don't want the new convert to go flying!!!
You might try mineral oil. Or a leather conditioner.

Willow Flats

MHT Supporter
Reaction score
I was out of town today at a wedding shower. Had to get out of my jeans for a day! ;) I'll try some leather conditioner tomorrow. I'm kinda sad to see that cart go. It is just an easy entry but I had put motorcycle tires on it and the curved shafts. Light weight and good for training but I have two other carts so it will make for more room in the shop which makes my husband happy. A little extra Christmas money for me and the new woman really needed a cart to get started driving her new mini and the Kingston cart she could get here is still back ordered!

betwys1

Reaction score
Hey all,
https://tinyurl.com/43h7ktpd this is well regarded for uv protection and clean up without leaving a slidey surface (despite its name) - Meguiar

Willow Flats

MHT Supporter
Reaction score
It turned out nice with just the conditioner. I should have taken a photo before I let it go!

I worked at a gym part time many years ago and I just remembered that we used to use a spray bottle of water with a dab of ivory soap in it to keep the vinyl seats on the equipment from cracking. That might work if you don't have leather conditioner. I forgot all about that!!!

Latest posts