Competitive driving

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSharpRanch

Reaction score
Hubby and I participated in a two day Arizona Driving Trial this past weekend. I drove my four in hand of Appaloosas while Hubby was my navigator. Each day was a separate event which consisted of a dressage test, a cones course and four sets of hazards.

If you would like to see what it's like to race through a hazards course, here is the link to my YouTube video of our trip through hazards the second day.

Warning, you will want to be sitting! ?

https://youtu.be/XHNuKA5TS64

I love that you use gee and haw with them. I think the voice commands are really a great asset. I could only watch short clips of each video since I get motion sick just walking in a straight line, but what I saw looked like fun (and a lot of work). I just love your four!

I use vocals to help the keep the team on the same page, and so I don't have to use the reins to jerk the horses around. This way they stay happy and soft. I am super happy with my four, they really are Awesome!

I can't imagine how much fun that must be! What a good crew they are, are they all mares? I think I heard you call out "good girls" at the end? They looked like they were enjoying themselves. Alot!

I always encourage the girls because they are still pretty green. This is only the third event for the near lead mare, and the fifth for the off mare. They boys are pretty steady.

Latest posts

Back