Coming from the dinosaur age and into the present. Need help with TVs!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh gosh Mona, that is too much technology for me, lol I've seen HD at a friends house- yes, it's awesome but I dont watch that much tv and doesnt warrant my paying extra just for that.

Hey, I rarely watch tv either! THIS (points at computer) is MY "tv"! LOL! But, since we needed a new one because of the old one konking out, we figured we might as well get one with good reviews so hopefully it will be the last for many years to come! I donl;t think I will ever use all that computer stuff on the TV. One reason is, why would Im, when I have a computer that I can use, and secondly, I have to pay per how much bandwidth I use (uploading and downloading) so don;t want to start doing a bunch of things on there that are going to boos that way up!

Mona, you will LOVE LOVE LOVE HD!

Did I read correctly in the description you posted on the original one you'd ordered that it will be 3-D ready?

Margo

Yes, it can be viewed as 2D or 3D...comes with 6 pairs of 3D glasses. LOL! The grandchildren should love that!

We have a 70" LED HD - believe me, as season ticket holders to college football (GO DUCKS!!!) apart from loosing the tailgate parties the view is better from the sofa lol.

No Jill...STILL waiting!
default_impatient.jpg
Needless to say, I am NOT a happy camper! Has been one thing after another with them, and I am sure I am being lied to, yet I do like to give people the benefit of the doubt, so here I sit, still waiting! They are saying the expected delivery date is supposed to be the 29th, so should have it by the end of next week.

When I first ordered it, they told me they did not have any in stock yet from LG and it would be a couple of weeks, so I said I did not want to wait and would find one elsewhere. That was probably the REAL reason for this LONG delay, but I have given all sorts of excuses. First it was supposedly in transit and they didn't have a complete address so it held it up. No one told me that, it was only because I called them to inquire on the status of it. Next excuse was that it was sent, but the outside of the box was damaged and when they checked contents, the television was also damaged. I didn;t really believe it, but yet accidents DO happen, so I told myself I was glad they sent out a new one. This time I told them I wanted some sort of tracking number. They provided one through the shipping company, but when nothing was progressing, I called the shipping company to ask them. They said they only has as much information as I could see myself online, and that if nothing was showing there, then it had not yet been sent. I gave it a few more days, then called again. I was told then that the carrier (shipping company) never came to pick it up, so they switched to a different company. This time I called their bluff, telling them I thought these were all excuses I had been receiving and that if it didn't arrive this time, I would be cancelling my order. Of course they were very apologetic and insistent that it was being sent that day, sent me tracking with the new company and I swear, if it is not here by the end of the month, I am cancelling and to heck with them!
default_frusty.gif

Uh oh, there are companies on line that do this to people... send them broken, used or no merchandise!! I would cancel this and go elsewhere!! And dispute this immediately through your credit card company for credit!!!!

LOL!! TOO Late, it came today! This company that delivered it was SUPER to deal with. The expected date wasn't until tomorrow, but I had still not heard from them about setting up a time to meet for pick-up/drop-off, so I called this morning. As it turned out, they had it on the delievery truck, and I was going to be in town anyway for an appointment. The guy called the driver, got a time that he'd be there and had a back-up plan to leave it at a local business if I was not there at the time it came in. They went the extra mile, and even called me later in the afternoon to see how I made out with the plans we had made. I wish I had such a raving review for the outfit that we actually bought the TV from! Anyway, the TV is really nice...apps and all kinds of "techie" things I can learn. I am really not one that likes to learn all about the new things out...I have a basic cell phone. Had just got a "smart phone" and ended up calling and having the internet part shut off as I was using up data and had no clue how, because we weren't even using the phone. I have no desire to learn. Easier to go back to a plain old phone, so I traded in my smart phone for a plain flip phone. LOL! BUT, this TV has so many different types of settings, and lots to learn about all the feautures, and I do want to learn some, but it will have to wait until the days are much shorter and I have lots of "dark time" indoors to do nothing. Really like the TV though!

YAY!!! I'm happy it's there and that you like it! I'm sure you will get it all figured out, too. Don't you love how little space the flat screens take up?
default_yes.gif

Back