ComfyFit Harness & HyperBike Questions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAX

Reaction score
Ok I will apologize if I am repeating an earlier question but here goes.

We are almost ready to order a hyper bike and a Comfy Fit Harness but I have some questions before I am ready to order that I thought maybe some of you could give me your opinions on. Please??

Ok the bike first.. I have several different horses that I would like to use it/them with. Hmmm maybe I should rephrase... I am actually planning on ending up with two bikes later on. I would like to end up being able to drive two horses at a time in these bikes. I have anywhere from 28" - 40" that I would like to use at any time. So I was thinking that I should order a "c Shaft' bike first with an extra set of "B Shafts". I was thinking this one would fit the aprox 32-38 range? Next order later on would be an "A Shaft Bike" with an extra set of "B Shafts". This would be for the horses that are 28"- 32"... Right? That way when all is said and done I could drive the smallest and largest together or two mediums at the same time?? Yes I will be calling Bob and going over this with him but was just wanting to get opinions here first.

Now for the Harness questions. I understand that the bikes may call for shorter reins, but how short do most of yall like for them? I will be getting the back sliding band but am unsure if the euro collar or the deluxe collar is more comfortable in your opinion. I was told on FB that the Euro collar would possibly interfere with shoulder movement for the horse. I am wanting comfort for the horse and do not care about how it looks. I was told that even the Deluxe may be too "Beefy". I thought big and beefy would add to more comfort but am being told now that may make it harder on the horse which I do not want to do... UGH I am sooooo confused!!!! Please give me your opinions I would really appreciate it!
default_worshippy.gif

Maybe you can search the forum for Hobbyhorse, Leia, and send her a pm. She has the comfy fit and hyperbike.

I have the comfy fit, but have only used it with the cart.

Definitely I think you would need shorter reins. I use shorter reins with my sulky. Probably the roadster folks do also. Shorter whip, also.

I don't have a hyperbike ( I wish!) but I own several comfyfit harnesses. I would consider the comfyfit deluxe breastcollar to be the best fitting breastcollar I have seen in real life on any mini. Seriously! Zilco Empathy collar is nowhere near as nicely fitting and is clunky and ugly as well. Straight breastcollars often don't seem to sit right with the low-set pony type necks. The Comfyfit is just..well...the comfiest looking thing out there. My pony simply will not move out well in a straight breastcollar, he is much more willing in the comfyfit. I have also used a neck collar and hames on him as a pair and have seen a few hyperbikers use that option as well due to the angle of the draft of the 'bike, so that may also be a consideration for you.

I was curious to try the euro collar, but haven't, so can't comment on that.

Latest posts

Back