colour of foal question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weerunner

Reaction score
Hey guys. This little guy has me a little confused. When I first saw him I assumed Chestnut, but then I noticed the grey mane( not black) . So I thought maybe bay. But his tail is chestnut and white, with no sign of black or grey. The bits around his eye and nose are growing in a lovely golden chestnut colour.

What would you register him as?

SDC18408.jpg

SDC18407.jpg

I am in love with this foal. He was born a month ago and he is everything I wanted in a future driving horse. I was not going to keep any boys this year, but OMG am I tempted by this one. He is so loving and calm. And it looks like he'll end up around 35 inches, which is a nice cart horse height.

thanks in advance for all opinions/advice on his colour.

I am thinking silver bay. His mane will probably have the silver in the mane when he grows up. We had a foal just like that and he is a silver bay, his mane is grey underneath and the typical silver colour on top.

Lol we just had a filly born that is like him. Silver bay she is on the photo gallery page. ..same as him

Hmmm, now can silver hide for a few generations. Mom is a minimal black appy and dad is a chestnut pinto.

Could be in dad...as silver won't be expressed in a chestnut.

oh ok, then silver bay it is. I'm thinking of keeping this little guy and training him to be my show driving horse.
default_smile.png

Very cute Amanda..!

Latest posts

Back