Color?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of looks like a Dun or a Roan? But then again, She's going to grow and colors probably going to change so I think that might be a silver dapple =)

Do you have any newborn photos?

This is the mare

th_Dec06_161.jpg

and this is the stallion024.JPG

The stallion is a snow flake appy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it could probably ending up being the color of the parents =)

Mare looks like a black roan, Stud is a silver dapple (silver black).

23.44% -

Silver Black Roan

23.44% -

Silver Black

23.44% -

Blue Roan

23.44% -

Black

3.13% -

Chestnut Roan

3.13% -

Chestnut

I think he is a silver dapple, my avatar is a silver dapple app foal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have more pictures of the foal? Looks like a silver black roan from what I can see too, but hard to tell from that picture.

I don't have any really new pics because it is foggy and rainy. So his outer hair is wet most of the time. He was born with a white (appy) patch (about the size of my hand) on each side of his bum. I know he is an appy. His grand sire on his sires side is a silver bay appy.His sire is an appy. I figured he was just another silver dapple when he was born. However, his mane has darkened and he is now a light reddish brown. I will try to get more pics if we get a break in this wet weather. Oh, and he is the one that hated people when he was born. He is now pushing in for his share of loves.

I think he is a Silver Black Roan too form the picture- I suspected Roan right at the beginning. He can't be Silver Bay, which was the other alternative, so he must be Silver Black +Roan....

Talking about color what do you think palamino w/black gene mare and also bay paint mare bred to black w ith blanket appy stud will look like colorwise

I also think that this horse looks black + (true) roan + silver... And there are probably a couple different equally correct names for that color but the end result = pretty neat
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back