Color Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOTTACK

Reaction score
This filly is registered as a chestnut, but when clipped I cannot tell what color she is????????? Any advice??

tyalaying.jpg

and she has a dorsal stripe

tyaeating.jpg

From those pictures I would go with blue roan or a black pinto with the sabino trait.

I think she looks like a minimally marked black pinto, at least from seeing those photos only.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to say silver black. The reason I guess this is, you said she is registured chestnut. Alot of silver dapples/silver black in long coat can look chestnut.

Got before pics? WHat color are her parents?

Pre-clipped pictures would help, but just looking at the pictures here, she looks black to me
default_smile.png
And, I love her markings.

The only pre-clipped picture I have of her is the one off her registration papers that I took a digital photo of (did'nt turn that well but here it is.

tyababy.jpg

Her sire is a chestnut (Mustardseed Ramundos Princely Ruler), I don't know what color her dam is (Cedar Brooks Toyhorse Nirvana Of BA) as I did not purchase this filly from the breeder.

Thanks to all.....

I'm thinking she may be smokey black looking at that shot of her... My eyes don't see silver or chestnut on her. I swear she's cute as anything though, whatever color she would be correctly called.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I meant to write her sires color was black, why I wrote chestnut I have no idea.....

Also, her dam is listed as a black pinto. Princely Ruler does have a palomino dam, so he very well could be a smokey black but I doubt he is, as of all the foals registered to him, and just quickly skimming the list, I never saw any dillutes listed. So I am still leaning towards black bay, as they can clip out looking black, otherwise, I would say black pinto. The only way to verify would be to test for agouti.

Latest posts

Back