Color Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelly

Reaction score
Not another color question but, here goes...I tested Joey for both cream and silver as he looks and is reg. silver dapple. The test was nn for cream and nZ for silver. Here is the funny part...he has lighter patches on his cheeks and on his chest that look champagne. I did not test for red factor, could he be champagne without cream or is he showing red/sorrel colors coming thru?

Is he the horse in your avatar?

If so, I'm thinking he isn't sorrel / red as silver doesn't show on red.

At this time, I don't really know anything about champagne other than that I like it on a good horse (and in a glass).

Hi Shelly

The lighter patches are very typical on a silver dapple and when clipped you see the silver underneath. Mine always get that on the head, chest etc when the hair has grown out.

At this time, I don't really know anything about champagne other than that I like it on a good horse (and in a glass).

HA HA HA HA HA...cheers! That is funny Jill....hee hee

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info and no he is not the mini in my avatar. I did send in tests for the red factor on him and Sahara plus tobiano for her as she may be a minimal toby with her markings!!!!
default_wink.png

Silver only shows up on Black, it has no effect on Red, that we know of.

Your horse is heterozygous Silver.

The Red test may well be positive, but it is not relevant.

Latest posts

Back