Color Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stacyeking

Reaction score
This is one of my favorite mares. She has the wrong color on her papers, though, and when I bring her to permanent (a while off yet) I don't know what to call her. In winter, I'd call her palomino just looking at her, as she is "pale" (for lack of a better word) with a "paler" mane and tail. In summer, as you see, she dapples. Note that she also has a wide blaze and her muzzle has some black. I never saw her sire or dam, I bought her as a weanling and the breeder is now deceased.

Her name is Lazy W Glenn Star, her sire is Grosshill EKS Sidedeal, and her dam is Frisco Velvet Star, if anyone has the inclination and the ability to do the research.

What do you think?

th_Bockiebodyandface.jpg

th_Bockieleftside.jpg

th_Bockierighthead.jpg

Stacye

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a gorgeous silver dapple to me
default_wub.png

There are so many variations of the silver gene: dark (chocolate looking), very light, almost palomino looking (like yours) greyish looking etc.: http://www.equinecolor.com/silver.html

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks like a very light silver dapple.

Andrea

She looks Silver Dapple to me and a beautiful one at that
default_aktion033.gif
Hope someone can find pics of her sire and dam for you.

silver black. (also called silver dapple) She is a black horse with the silver modifier. Some silver blacks are very dark, with a dark chocolate or dark "grey" body color...others are very light, with a lot of dappling, like your mare.

Yes, she is a Silver Black. Looks like she also has a minimal Pinto pattern.

Pretty mare.

Latest posts

Back