color question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellerroseintx

Reaction score
black face...white tail...mane is turning also.....which makes her a possible silver dapple????? Mom is red and white out of a bay and a black & white....dad does have a smokey black spot...I had asked earlier about tails if and when they change...I had thought she was black...but the tail is throwing me off...any thoughts? You can see how dark she is under all that fuzz. Unless there is a 'spot' on her tail ....? thoughts?

Poor girl is sooooooo unphotogenic, bless her heart...she is as dead calm as the other one is fierey

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
She could be silver dapple, that's what she looks like to me. That mane changing color like that looks like silver. She actually looks a *lot* like my two silver bay fillies.
default_yes.gif
What color is her sire? She is just darling, I love her face and her blaze!
default_wub.png

the mare does carry sabino and the sire is a black & white medicine hat out of a black overo and a grey & white dam...color is sooo interesting....thank you for your input

Magic...do you have pictures of your foals??? I went to your site but did not see them

Last edited by a moderator:
the mare does carry sabino and the sire is a black & white medicine hat out of a black overo and a grey & white dam...color is sooo interesting....thank you for your input

Ok, I went to your website and saw pics of the sire (beautiful boy btw!) The stallion's dam, "grey and white", sounds to me like she was silver dapple. And your stallion looks like he could be carrying silver too, from the way his color looks. I have a now-gelding that carries silver and he actually looks BLACK, not silver, so it's possible. I guess the only way to know though is to have your guy tested for silver.

Yes, color is really interesting isn't it? And seems like there is always something to make one pause and wonder, lol!
default_smile.png

Magic...do you have pictures of your foals??? I went to your site but did not see them

I just went and looked and the fillies looked very different as young foals than they do right now; now they look just like your foal. I'll see if I can get some pics of them today since I'll be out with the camera and post them.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back