COlor/Price

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorifla

Reaction score
Please take a look at my avatar! I need help with color before I register him. Some say he is a sorrel medicine hat. He is pure white with pink skin, ice blue eyes and only the sorrel medicine hat. So is he Sorrel Medicine Hat or White medicine hat?

Also, If I decide to sell him, what would be a fair marketable price for him (I don't know if I want to sell him - just would like opinions). He is loaded on Dam's side with Soats and mother's sire is of Little Kings Ray of Sun. Sire is of Dell Teras and Vant Huttenest with Orion Light being this little guys great-great grand-dad. He is small and smart with a dishy head. All opinions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
saludando.gif

He is a "sorrel" Medicine Hat. You use the "color" of the dark marking (medicine hat) when you describe.

He is very cute.
yes.gif
Prices can vary greatly.....depending on your location, his registrations, bloodlines, size, quality....etc.

Basically.....any horse is worth what someone is willing to pay for them.
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Dona said:
He is a "sorrel" Medicine Hat.  You use the "color" of the dark marking (medicine hat) when you describe.
He is very cute.
yes.gif
  Prices can vary greatly.....depending on your location, his registrations, bloodlines, size, quality....etc.

Basically.....any horse is worth what someone is willing to pay for them.
wink.gif

454426[/snapback]

Thank you so much for the color answer. That makes perfect sense. Thanks for the compliment too
wub.gif

Dona is correct, and actually, if it is the color you plan to register him with, you just write down sorrel pinto in the "color" area, and in the markings area, write in there that he is a medicine hate with both eyes blue.

[SIZE=14pt]Around here the colts are selling for 600 tp 800 unless they are top show prospects and then you have to convice the buyer that he is indeed top show and you might get 12-1500.[/SIZE]

Lyn

I've seen very nice, but definatly not grand champion quality colts for as much as $2,500. So like people have said before, it really depends on your area and what people are willing to pay.

P.S.

I absolutly LOVE your baby
wub.gif
!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, thank you all so much for your help on this matter! He is our first mini baby and we all are IN AWE of him! I never cared for white horses until now! THanks again for the kindness!
wub.gif

Latest posts

Back