Color predictions??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniaturehorselover

Reaction score
So im breeding my 33 inch flea bitten grey to a silver dappled pintaloosa stud.. my mares sire is a grey and so is her grandsire.. yet mom is a chestnut pinto . I was wondering what color can i get out of this mix any info would be great!

IMG_20140502_085909.jpg

IMG_20140502_085835.jpg

IMG_20140502_083343.jpg

IMG_20140502_083236.jpg

without know what colour of the dam was before she turned grey its impossible to say , what I can tell you is that the foal has a 50% chance of being grey and if the sire passes the silver gene it will go white/grey very quickly

Offspring Color Probability - these are the "base" colors, as baby may turn "grey", so will lose the "color" and turn white, as momma is.

23.44% -
Silver Black Roan

23.44% -
Silver Black

23.44% -
Blue Roan

23.44% -
Black

3.13% -
Red Roan

1.56% -
Red (Chestnut/Sorrel)

1.56% -
Chestnut

Last edited:
I believe that if the stud or your mare aren't pinto, it will not be passed on. It would take at least an extremely minimal pinto mistaken for solid to pass on any pinto gene.

With him being a pintaloosa, he has both some pinto genes and some appaloosa genes. I only see appaloosa characteristics on him from the pictures -- some hoof striping and some mottling on some privates -- so it's possible he may throw either, but again, baby may turn white like momma as it matures.

Alright thanks
default_smile.png
! Shes getting bred hopefully this weekend .. then time will tell on coloring

Latest posts

Back