Color Help.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcwallis

Reaction score
008-600x400.jpg

OK Color people.. I've never had a foal that looked mauve! seriously, this picture didn't capture the color very good... Sire is Black and Dam is Sorrel..... Any guesses? Could he turn sorrel? We've had grey babies and he doesn't look like those... he has a strange highlight color....

Thanks for your thoughts

Lynda

Oh I didn't say..... a few minutes after he was born..... SHE was born!!!! I know her color LOL

009-452x419.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OK Color people.. I've never had a foal that looked mauve! seriously, this picture didn't capture the color very good... Sire is Black and Dam is Sorrel..... Any guesses? Could he turn sorrel? We've had grey babies and he doesn't look like those... he has a strange highlight color....

Thanks for your thoughts

Lynda
No help here but he is so cute and tiny. How old is he?

Kinda looks like that mousy black foal coat to me
default_smile.png
VERY cute!!

Thanks for your replies... He was born this morning around 9:30.... 2-17-2011..... The picture was taken while he was still wet!

Post a pic when he is dry. He looks silver black to me, or black. Does the dam have silver at all?

I am thinking the dam is a silver bay or silver sorrel also, baby looks silver black to me.

I had a "mauve" foal last year and he is now black. I think you need to post him to me! pleassssssssssssseeeeeeee

he looks to dark to be silver Id say hes black ,

a good clue to tell black from silver black - look at the eyelashes , on a silver horse they are often silver too and the skin around the eyes will usually have a pink tinge

He looks to be still somewhat wet in that pic, is he? My first thought was silver black as well. Cute baby, congrats!!
default_yes.gif

Do you have photos of sire and dam? He looks like he could be a silver to me, too... but maybe just black. The dam could hide silver, being a red based horse... or could be a silver bay that looks like a red horse...

Andrea

No idea to color......but congratulations to TWO beautiful babies!
default_aktion033.gif

Well, I went out and look at his eyelash color and they look to be grey.... I'll post pics Saturday when he's had a chance to unfold

Latest posts

Back