Color Help Please !!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a max expression sorrel. LWO, Sabino or Splash or both. Definitely not double dilute.

If neither parent is dun then she cannot be dun. The sire looks like he mare carry creme and be a smokey black but he'd have to be tested to know for sure. If he was then it's possible for her to be buckskin or palomino. Both parents carry at least one black gene, however if they each have a red gene then she could be sorrel...which would be my guess. I'd like to see the color of her spots when she is shaved down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again to everyone !!! I'll have her tested and post the results.

She is quite a little pistol
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Sire could have Dun, it would be very hard to tell, but I do actually think the colour base is Buckskin, and yes, Max Sabino but, obviously, you will test for LWO?

I think her dam is a splashed white tobiano, possibly homozygous tobiano based on the paw prints. I do not think this mare is carrying cream. Jet black can hide it and if the mare had a cream based parent it could be a possibility.

You already know the sire is LWO, and looks to carry cream.

I am guessing the foal will test LWO, and tobiano. No sabino. As there is no test for splash we can not test for that.

My double cream looked coffee colored at birth, not the dazzling white you described.

JMHO hope it helps Diane.

Latest posts

Back