Color help needed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrselady

Reaction score
This is a friends mini (I have permission to post pics) and was wondering what color you'd call him. He is HARD to take pics of, will NOT stand still!!! He needs some work with his manners but otherwise a sweet little guy.

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Mendy

Ok, I'm not the best on colors yet (working on it!) but I would be Silver Buckskin or Silver Bay? Do you know what colors his parents were?

Silver black aka silver dapple

Could be a sliver bay but he doesnt look like the sliver bays I have seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
My first thought was silver bay, since he has such a reddish cast to his coat.
default_smile.png

We dont know anything about his parents, sadly. But thanks for all the help!! I would have never guessed silver black ( I'm still learning the colors), but I knew he wasn't palomino!!!

Thanks again,

Mendy

He looks similar to my silver buckskin stallion (I had him tested and he has one copy cream and one copy agouti).

machemontanamyfavorite%20-%2011-18-07%20-%20taken%20by%20susan.jpg

I don't have any current pictures, yet. Waiting for nice weather and the rest of his winter woolies to let go. [i just bought him in November.] His summer coat is more golden than his winter coat.

He's adorable, Chanda!!! I've seen a couple other silver buckskins colored just like him
default_yes.gif

He's adorable, Chanda!!! I've seen a couple other silver buckskins colored just like him
default_yes.gif
Thankyou. I just love him, he's too cute and my smallest mini at 31" (the rest are 34-38").

We think he might be silver smokey brown; and I believe there is now one place testing for the different forms of agouti, but I dont know if I want to pay to find out (its not that important). But, man he's cute and so tiny compared to my other minis.
default_wub.png

Do you have a better side view picture? Try to make pics on the horses height, not from above.
default_wink.png

Second pic looks silver bay, you can see a hint of greyish lower legs.

But the other pics looks plain chestnut.

I will have to take some more this afternoon when she gets here to help. I was trying to take them by myself and he just wasn't going to have it.

Mendy

Mendy, you horse looks silver bay to me.......In one of the photos I noticed some "smoky" points on the legs. I've seen silver bays come out in several different shades over the years.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back