color help needed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bevann

Reaction score
Friends are breeding 2 Minis purchased from me.Mare is homozygous black&white pintaloosa.Her sire is black&white pintaloosa Orion grandson.Her dam is blk&white tobiano with blue eyes and face &chin white.Tested LWO neg. Stallion to be bred to her is buckskin Buck Echo grandson.His dam is sorrel pinto and her dam is sorrel pinto and her sire is silver dapple.Assuming she takes and we get a healthy foal just wondering what base color possibilities are.I know it will be a pinto since mare is homozygous for pinto.Just hope it is healthy.

Thanks for your reply.I am hoping for a blk&white like the dam.She is probably the best looking Mini ever produced on this farm.She has been shown some and done well in spite of her stubborn handler.He won't let anyone else show her and he doesn't take suggestions well.She is his baby and that's that.Buckskin sire is still doing well in the show ring and is over 10 years old.Hope the breeding takes-both are first timers.

Back