Color Genetics on my colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Hooves

Reaction score
221083_214778011874148_112443495440934_824856_7519012_o.jpg

My colt - we have named him, by the way: Little Hooves Show Off the Blues - received his genetics test results via email today, and I was just taken by surprise!
default_new_shocked.gif

Tobiano: TT - Red Factor: EE - Agouti: AA

Last year, my bay pinto had the same results (she obviously just lacks the cream gene to make her buckskin like her little brother) - but I never thought in my horses' lifetime would they produce that combination again. They must love me.
default_laugh.png

Now I can't decide what I should do with my new colt, but as far as I can tell, it looks like he might have a future as a breeding stallion. He will only produce bay pintos and buckskin pintos! He is very pretty, straight, and correct, too, so it's not all just for color, don't worry!
default_wink.png
He comes from beautiful parents and his full siblings are lookers, too. I'm just so happy with this news that I really wanted to share!

Congratulations. It's nice to be able to know what to expect when breeding. I have tested most of my horses, and so far have not had one homozygous for Black. I guess that leaves a little mystery and anticipation.

221083_214778011874148_112443495440934_824856_7519012_o.jpg

My colt - we have named him, by the way: Little Hooves Show Off the Blues - received his genetics test results via email today, and I was just taken by surprise!
default_new_shocked.gif

Tobiano: TT - Red Factor: EE - Agouti: AA

Last year, my bay pinto had the same results (she obviously just lacks the cream gene to make her buckskin like her little brother) - but I never thought in my horses' lifetime would they produce that combination again. They must love me.
default_laugh.png

Now I can't decide what I should do with my new colt, but as far as I can tell, it looks like he might have a future as a breeding stallion. He will only produce bay pintos and buckskin pintos! He is very pretty, straight, and correct, too, so it's not all just for color, don't worry!
default_wink.png
He comes from beautiful parents and his full siblings are lookers, too. I'm just so happy with this news that I really wanted to share!
Hey Brenda, what are you going to want for this little guy? He'd be perfect in my breeding program, though I know you are pretty far from me. You can message me on Facebook.

Thanks!

Marsha Freischmidt

I am excited for you, Brenda
default_smile.png

I know how much you like those test results
default_smile.png

Susan O.

Latest posts

Back