color enhancers ????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tatonkas Dream

Reaction score
I was curious to figure out what the definition of changing a horses color is within the AMHR rulesets.

Do they consider the color enhancing spray vs the clear changing there color or is it considered highlighting?

"Changing the coat color of a horse is not permitted but highlighting the mane, tail, eyes, ears, muzzle, etc is permissible."

Many thanks

what they mean is you cannot chang a white horse to black, etc. If you use black spray to cover up sun burnt black hair, that's okay.

Thanks muffntuf

That is sort of what I was thinking but I'd hate to go to my first show and do something like that in error.
default_no.gif

LOL as I have a blk and white stallion and that's exactly what I was questioning - I've been keeping him up during the day in a very open air stall but he's still got just a little sun fading

thanks again
default_smile.png

You can change/fix manes and tails, but you cannot change body color. So you could dye or spray color a mane or tail, but nowhere else legally

Latest posts

Back