Color Dilemma....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil' Horse Lover

Reaction score
I've got 4 miniature horses, all geldings. Spirit, Ruckus, Kowboy and Dude. All my horses are color coded, each one has "their" color, so all their tack (halters, leads, blankets, slinkies, etc)are that one color. Spirit has royal blue, and Ruckus has hunter green. I just need colors for Kowboy and Dude, they are half brothers. I eventually want to drive them as a team, they are both 35" tall and AMHR registered. Kowboy's reg. name is "Knight Stars Kool Kowboy" and Dude's reg. name is "Knight Stars Kool Dude". They both have the same sire (SMH Im Too Kool).

So should Dude and Kowboy have the same color, and be the "twins" or should they both have their own individual color? Either way, what color(s) do you think would look best on them?

Kowboy, bay/white w/blue eyes:

IMG_7066.jpg

IMG_7090.jpg

IMG_7095-1.jpg

Dude, blk/white w/blue eyes:

KnightStarsKoolDude.jpg

KnightStarsKoolDude2.jpg

dudefront.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would give them their own colours. My choice of colours would be purple and red.

With their blue eyes, I'd stay in the blue shades - it will compliment their eye color and show that they're your "twins". What about navy blue for Kowboy and light blue for Dude?

I like the two shades of blue idea! Love their blue eyes!
default_biggrin.png

I like light or periwinkle blue for them both!!!

Editing to add: They are so handsome!

Last edited by a moderator:
I read you are already using royal blue and hunter green:

For

halters, leads, blankets, slinkies for two of them already.

Kowboy reds would be fine being already has a red barn halter.

& for Dude purple

Have fun shopping...
default_saludando.gif

Have to say I think red would "wash out" on either of these guys. JMO. I totally agree with the Navy for Kowboy and the lighter blue for Dude, maybe even a teal.

Thanks for all the replies guys! Since Ruckus already has hunter green and Spirit has the blues I was going to try and stay away from those colors. All of Spirit's stuff is already blue. Even though I totally agree that blue on these boys would compliment their eyes. The colors I choose also need to be easy enough to find blankets/slinkies/etc. in those colors. I usually shop online at Ozark Mtn. I was thinking of the color teal for Kowboy and purple for Dude, what do you think of that? I went online and Ozark Mtn. has haltes/leads in those colors as well as blankets (the Sunbrella Winter Blankets- anybody own one? how are they?)

Latest posts

Back