color changing pintaloosa foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeganH

Reaction score
I had my first foal born (ever!) this year and she is a beauty. At birth she looked like a bay pintaloosa.. but I recently clipped her and she looks like a black pintaloosa.

Here she is before:

DSCN3190-2-1.jpg

DSCN2148.jpg

And here she is after her clip:

DSCN4960.jpg

DSCN5144-2-1.jpg

Her face is not clipped in that photo above so you can still see brown.

Her mom is a bay pintaloosa and her sire was a black pinto.

I am curious what everyone thinks she is!

She's bay. You can't go by the clipped coat for color as you've clipped off the color (the color usually shows more clearly in the tip of the hair shaft). She'll look bay again when her coat grows in.

Megan, I still love looking at sweet Tink, she is just lovely! I'm thinking her bay color will come back too. We clipped our buckskin filly, and she looked like a Pali with dark hair for a little while! lol silly color changing horses.

You've got a gorgeous bay pintaloosa filly! Are you going to show her?

I agree she's bay ( bays clip off very dark often) and very flashy!

Thank you all! I can't wait to see her back to bay! I do plan on showing her. Does that mean she will always clip very dark like this? Or does her fur change as she matures? She is very friendly and an absolute doll.

Yep nice filly and I agree, she is a bay or black bay/brown. Freshly clipped horses can do some strange things with their color, so you cant really go by that. She is lovely! Congrats on a nice filly

Latest posts

Back