Color Change on AMHR papers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxy's_mom

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to send in my filly's papers to be updated from Temp to Perm. She has changed colors since she was registered as a foal. Went from a roan to a grey/white. Do I just send a note along with my paperwork asking for a color change on the papers along with the $5 correction fee? Or do I need to send in a correction form that's listed on the AMHR website that the Stewards/Judge has to fill out?

I'm going to try and get her DNA'd with AMHR also. She already is DNA'd and PQ'd with AMHA. Do I just send in a copy of her AMHA papers and a note saying about having her DNA'd? Her parents have different names with AMHR, will the office question her AMHA DNA because of them having different names?

Thanks for all your help!!

Becky M.

All I did for mine was send a note explaining, along with four pics and the transfer and voila, miss Lexus went from a "dapple chestnut" to a silver dapple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a note will do, but I believe the correction fee is $10, not $5.

It's my understanding that if you want to have DNA noted on AMHR papers you will have to have the horse DNA'd again, since AMHR uses a different lab than AMHA does. I saw somewhere that AMHR will accept DNA only from that one lab?

Thanks for the help! It's not really a necessity to have her DNA'd for AMHR. I just thought it would make things easier for future reference and help if she would have any foals. Any one else have anything to add please do!

Thanks again!!

Becky M.

Latest posts

Back