Colin Powells' disturbing comments

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathy_H

Reaction score
I'm carrying this over from the other post.

Christine asked

Cathy..what is going on..Powell said the same thing..even with a DATE..January 22nd or 23..are theyblowing smoke or leaking something..
One of Powell's VERY troubling paragraphs!

"Talk to the American people. Talk to the World and convey a new image of American leadership. A new image of America's role in the World. The problems will always be there. There is going to be a crisis come along on the 21st, 22nd January that we don't even know about right now and so I think the president has to do is start using the power of the oval office and the power of his personality"

There is going to be a crisis come along on the 21st, 22nd January that we don't even know about right now
Kind of specific for something that we don't know exactly what it is don't you think? Perhaps Obama has convinced Powell that something IS GOING to happen that only Obama & his cohorts only know!

Deep down does Powell feel Obama in the oval office is the crisis?

Talk to the American people. Talk to the World and convey a new image of American leadership. A new image of America's role in the World.
IF it is going to happen on the 21st, 22nd dude there ain't gonna be ANY time for talking!!!!

So is Bush going to have to start conveying a new leadership, a new image to the World before then?

I think the president has to do is start using the power of the oval office and the power of his personality"
Use the power of his personality! :DOH! This IS scarey!!!! Why did Powell not say experience! Let me guess - :DOH! because Obama does not have any??
default_no.gif
Does Powell know in his heart Obama is NOT qualified so is telling him to charm them with his personality! Is that WHAT Obama is doing now to the American people!

Do you think the terrorists are going to have compassion on America because Obama has a charming personality!
default_wub.png
I'm sorry folks but Colin Powell just went down on my scale.

Between Bidens and Powells comments, this is indeed very disturbing!

Someone lots smarter than me needs to figure this riddle out!

Edited to add the video link

The above statements start about 2:23 minutes in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they would not say that with such conviction IF they didn't know something..

"

There is going to be a crisis come along on the 21st, 22nd January that we don't even know about right now this One had me really scratching my head..We know something..we know the date..BUT we don't know..
default_pinocchio.gif

And Biden said You will not believe we will do the right thing..just stick with us..

So we know the date, we know something gonna happen that we don't know and we know how we respond..and it will look wrong to you...OY

I may be wrong on the dates, but isn't that when the new president (whoever it turns out to be) officially takes seat, AS president? Again, please forgive me if I'm wrong on that.
default_unsure.png

Expecting the transition of the presidency to be a "time of crisis" though, that itself is alarming...and I think that's what he might be referring to.

Do you suppose it's just possible that he's talking about the same kind of internal problems we've discussed here on the forum? It wouldn't surprise me if that's what it is.

I didn't watch the whole 3 videos but I can't believe Tom Brokaw didn't stop him right there and find out what the heck he was talking about!!

I listened to the Biden audio earlier and just watched enough of the Powell video to hear the remark about the 21st or 22nd. Didn't hear Powell say "international" just "crisis". That's why I'm wondering if he's talking about some kind of internal conflict.

That was my understanding as well, Appylover... and that it was more of a call to come together after the election...

Well whatever it is they're both talking about it sounds to me like we can just quit mucking stalls, cause we're all gonna be in deep s**t anyway.

Seems like they say just enough to keep everyone in suspense.

I don't know why they just don't come out and say what they mean.

The more I think about this the more it bothers me. I just emailed FOX asking for them to look into it. It really bothers me that Tom Brokaw didn't stop Powell in his tracks and ask him what "crisis" he's talking about. I would think any reporter worth his salt would have picked up on that immediately. I told FOX that if this is more than just fear-mongering I think Americans deserve an explanation. It'll be interesting to see whether they think my message is worth responding to. Guess time will tell.

Latest posts

Back