Coffee Break

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good mornin' mountain_waif! Having puter problems this am. Trying to fix them. Can't see anything to do with photobucket. Can not even access the site to it.
no.gif

Pretty sore after running the lawn mower into a tree yesterday. shhhh don't tell Ron. Was watching the horses, don't ya' know!

Suppose to pick up a halflinger that is to be given to my sister today. It it suppose to have elf hooves and need some health care. So we will see how bad off she is. She is only 3, I believe. Rides and drives, but you know how that is.
yes.gif

Can't stomach coffee myself, but I hope you enjoy your cup. When I was little I thought you made it like hot chocolate and tried some with multiple tablespoon fulls. I would not suggest that!
new_shocked.gif

Fran

Good morning- It going to be warm here again today- although we will be getting rain and the temp is going to dip down in the next two days.

I like my Tim Hortons- my husband brings me one on his way to work.
wub.gif

We a decluttering too to put our house up for sale- its hard I work weekends- so no one gets the guidance on the weekend and I am alone during the week day- might be ready next year
laugh.gif

Love
wub.gif
puppies- post pictures if you can.

Tiffany

Good Morning I drink Folgers or maxwell house but my favorite is rasberries and cream from millstone It tastes great on ice, and as it is still in the upper 80s here that how I have my afternoon cup! Kathy
yes.gif

Good morning! I'm on my coffee break, too. My absolute favourite is the Nescafe flavoured coffees, especially the caramel. There's also French Vanilla and Hazelnut. Mmmm Mmmmm!

The good news is that it's another beautiful summery morning. The fall colours are gorgeous and the breeze is soft and warm from the south. It's all supposed to change tonight, though, with cooler, more seasonable temps coming in. Still nothing like our friends in the prairies, though, who had their first snow yesterday. Yuck.

The bad news is that my favourite duck got hit on the road this morning. Her name was Plucky. When she was only a couple of days old back in the spring, one of our dogs attacked and nearly killed her. My daughter's friend was visiting that day and the two girls took the baby in the house and tried to help her. The friend took her home that day and hand raised her. I thought they should call her Lucky, but they changed it to Plucky. So the summer went by and they gave Plucky a wonderful home. She became more like a dog than a duck. She followed everyone around and would gently pick at shoelaces, and would take food from their hands. A few weeks ago, they decided that they wouldn't be able to adequately house Plucky for the winter and asked if we would take her back. Of course we did, and I was happy to have her back. She followed me around the barn, constantly cooing or making that hissing noise (she was a Muskovy). I'd hear her little feet padding along the barn floor behind me, and I got a real kick out of her dipping her head into all the water buckets as I refilled them every morning. I talked to her a lot, and just loved her. My husband, though, didn't like the duck at all. On Wednesday of last week, a buddy of his stopped by for a visit. I don't know how it came to pass exactly, but my husband decided to give Plucky to his friend. I was not impressed. At first it worked out well, and she would swim in the pool every day, until he closed it on the weekend. Then she went to the neighbour's pool. Then she bit the neighbours. Then she went out onto the street and nearly caused an accident. And she bit the friend's kids. So of course the friend phones last night asking if he can bring her back. My husband very wisely said yes and told his friend how his life had been "heck" since he gave the duck away. So the friend drops her off early this morning. I'm pretty sure that neither one of the guys could have been BOTHERED to take her up to the barn and must have just left her loose up at the house. When we were getting up, my daughter and I looked out back to the barn thinking she was there, but we couldn't see her. Soon after, Alexis looked out the front window and said Plucky was dead on the road! Sure enough, it was her and, with great weeping and wailing, I went and brought her back. I keep telling myself Plucky was only a duck, but I loved her so much. I've missed her terribly in the week she was gone and was so happy last night when it was decided that she would come home again. I buried her out behind the barn before I did chores. My poor Plucky.
bye-sad.gif
crybaby.gif
crybaby.gif
crybaby.gif

I would bet that no one here takes their morning coffee the way I do!!!

I'm just after that wake up in the morning... I turn on the kitchen faucet to hot and after the water is hot, I get maybe an ONE ounce of hot water in a tumbler cup, then get a heaping teaspoon of instant coffee and dump that in. Swirl it around in the tumbler to disolve the coffee and drink it in one swallow. I'm wide awake about 5 minutes later!

coffee.gif

Ick Jill!

I havent dug out my coffee yet, right now I have been obsessed with hot apple cider.

My house is freezeing as I refuse to turn on the heat here, and im trying to get my liveing room carpet dry so have fans going as well.

One day with out rain would be great............way to much lately. If it were snow we would have been snowed in by now.

Oh, Sunny, that is so sad about Plucky. That was such a heart breaking story.

Don't touch coffee. Love the smell, can't stand the taste.
wacko.gif
Hot cocoa is my thing, with a little caramel Torani syrup in it
wub.gif

Decluttering to put our house up for sale here, too!!!! Talk about hard work!
wacko.gif

Sunny! So sorry about Plucky! It's obvious how special that little duck was to you. Your poor kiddos! Give them a big hug and a kiss.

Last edited by a moderator:
so sorry to hear about all the misfortunes to people, places and ducks etc..

It's 3:30 in the aftenoon and I am enjoying a glass of ICE COFFEE -- happens to be Folgers 50/50 caffeine over ice with half and half cream in it. Still on low carb diet.

Counting down the minutes until closing time -- a bit slow this afternoon on the switchboard/reception desk -- nice change after a bit brisk/busy morning.

Looking forward to getting home to work on the insides of our barn --- we had work done on the floor (to make it level - long story here) so gutted the barn to do that -- now building permanent stalls and feed/hay storage area -- I am doing most of the work myself -- with hubby's help where 2 people are required (like nailing up 3/4" treated plywood!). Will be a few more weeks before the barn is finished, but it is finally in a stage where I can SEE the results and truly SEE what it will eventually look like --- sooooooo excited to work on it -- and make a little more progress every day.

all our horses are on pasture 24/7 right now -- so we have a dozen piglets out there! They are longing to get back into the barn -- they hang out at the fence and watch me come/go -- seeming to ask "hey -- when can WE get back in there!!!!"

Today it was a high of 84 and we have a cold front coming in -- tomorrow's high should be in the 60's and lows this weekend may be in the 30's -- sooooo looks like fall is finally here --- WE NEED RAIN however -- still in a MODERATE drought

But the sunrises and sunsets are glorious -- just love to sit on the porch and watch the horses in the field and enjoy the beautiful skies... So peaceful (fortunate to have wonderful neighbors for the most part).
wub.gif

Soooo good things are happening here!!
wub.gif

Hugs to those who need them
yes.gif

JJay

Just got back from town w/my "early afternoon" coffee.

I usually get it from an espresso place unless someone else is home to drink with. Have been off of coffee for several years due to pregnancy/nursing, so I really enjoy it!

Nice to run into a friend in town and sit and talk when we can, even if it's only in the truck cuz the babies are napping. *LOL*

Seems like my day was rather hectic in small ways. Witnessed an accident right in front of me, about four cars involved, looks like some injuries and lots of commotion, and at the store, everything took too long (four year old had to go "pp" right after we got out of the store, the helpful bakery clerk gave them both a free cookie with bright yellow icing and colored sprinkles and what a mess!), and then to top it off, my son Colton kicked off one of his shoes and I had to go looking for it after we'd already checked out.

Luckily a clerk found it, but it added about twenty minutes to our whole ordeal.

And usually things go pretty smoothly!

Hopefully I can head out to the barn on my coffee high and get it all cleaned out now that my oldest son is home to watch the little 'uns.

Sorry to hear about the duck. My oldest and only Gouldian Finch leftover from my breeding days, a blue male, died yesterday, likely of old age. He was 11 years old, and I think their life expectancy is on the order of 7 years or so. I miss him, though he was not much of a "pet" pet.

Liz M.

Just got back from town w/my "early afternoon" coffee.

I usually get it from an espresso place unless someone else is home to drink with. Have been off of coffee for several years due to pregnancy/nursing, so I really enjoy it!

Nice to run into a friend in town and sit and talk when we can, even if it's only in the truck cuz the babies are napping. *LOL*

Seems like my day was rather hectic in small ways. Witnessed an accident right in front of me, about four cars involved, looks like some injuries and lots of commotion, and at the store, everything took too long (four year old had to go "pp" right after we got out of the store, the helpful bakery clerk gave them both a free cookie with bright yellow icing and colored sprinkles and what a mess!), and then to top it off, my son Colton kicked off one of his shoes and I had to go looking for it after we'd already checked out.

Luckily a clerk found it, but it added about twenty minutes to our whole ordeal.

Hopefully I can head out to the barn on my coffee high and get it all cleaned out now that my oldest son is home to watch the little 'uns.

Sorry to hear about the duck. My oldest and only Gouldian Finch leftover from my breeding days, a blue male, died yesterday, likely of old age. He was 11 years old, and I think their life expectancy is on the order of 7 years or so. I miss him, though he was not much of a "pet" pet.

Liz M.

quote=nootka,Oct 6 2005, 05:02 PM]Just got back from town w/my "early afternoon" coffee.

I usually get it from an espresso place unless someone else is home to drink with.  Have been off of coffee for several years due to pregnancy/nursing, so I really enjoy it!

Nice to run into a friend in town and sit and talk when we can, even if it's only in the truck cuz the babies are napping.  *LOL*

Seems like my day was rather hectic in small ways.  Witnessed an accident right in front of me, about four cars involved, looks like some injuries and lots of commotion, and at the store, everything took too long (four year old had to go "pp" right after we got out of the store, the helpful bakery clerk gave them both a free cookie with bright yellow icing and colored sprinkles and what a mess!), and then to top it off, my son Colton kicked off one of his shoes and I had to go looking for it after we'd already checked out. 

Liz M.

480321[/snapback]

Are you sure you aren't living MY life? Right down to the accident I witnesses yesterday. Wow!
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back