coconut classic in okeechobee, florida

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is none of my business, I dont live in FL and I don't show AMHR.
This is not just an AMHR show. "R" on Saturday, "A" on Sunday. If i'm not mistaken some people were planning on using this show to qualify AMHA horses, also. I know for a fact that there are peole outside of South Florida working hard and making a strong attempt to save this show.

Well I have called the number posted and all i got was his service and did leave a very nice message as to please make a post to let us know if its a yes or a no and that has been earlyer today, hopefully we will hear something soon.. i am taking it as a no after tonight, tiered of waiting and i have sent in entries to marilyn and a check to cover the horses we would have been taken, but after tonight i will be canceling and going on with life.. cant play waiting games this close to deciding to go to nationals. i am just making my decission tonight and taking the loss and going on for next year good luck to all that are going to the nationals and god bless the kids. i know how hard they have all worked not only with the horses but with there school work as well to be able togo..
default_sad.png
GOOD LUCK ALL
default_new_shocked.gif

Dear Mr. Lopes,

Last night you said "We will update you tomorrow", that would now be today.

It is now 8.47pm, what time do you think we will get this update?

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Thunderhead Ranch

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope for the sake of this club and the kids that Mr. Lopes decides to have this show.

default_pray.gif

10:15 pm and we wait................................

It's 1.5 weeks from the Okeechobee show; Three days from the closest qualifying show prior to Nationals; and four weeks from Nationals.

If cancelled, the majority of people I have spoken to will loose between an average of $500.00-$1,000.00 or more on lost money paid to AMHR, airlines, hotels, rental cars, hauling, training, stall fees, etc. I personally will be out $1,000.00. (Not forgetting those going AMHA)

The other option we have is to spend more money traveling "somewhere" out of state to a show. The toll of two long hauls within four weeks, or less (qualifying and Nationals) on these horses is horrendous.

"Ain't too proud to beg" ********** PLEASE HAVE THE SHOW
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The show will go on! With many people coming forth with their promise to show, sponsor and volunteer at the show, the officers and directors have voted in favor of putting the show on. With everyone pulling together, we are only hoping to cover expenses at this show.

We appreciate the pledges many have made for sponsorships. We would certainly welcome and encourage all our exhibitors and other supporters to sponsor a class for $25.00. Every bit will help defer the costs involved. If you want to sponsor a class, you can mail it to MHCSF c/o Lopes, 4451 148th Terrace North, Loxahatchee, FL 33470.

Again, thank you for your understanding and continued support of the MHCSF.

Tony Lopes, President

Pat Tyner, Vice President

Pat Coffey, Secretary

Nancy Lopes, Treasurer

Jerry Jolicoeur, Director

Linda Kern, Director

Colleen Queen, Director

Wonderful! For all that were worried- this is a Wonderful group of people who have taken on a huge task to run this show- Please instead of dumping on them come on down and enjoy! We always have a great time!

I'll be there with my 3- and perhaps even a youngster or two!
default_smile.png
Even though I know they aren't on here- But a Big thank you to Donna and Roger for wrangling together the crowd- and as always- A Huge thank you to the club members that day in and day out make this club work and run these shows!

Thank You all, we really are very HAPPY we will be there and we will sponsor a class to help out!!
default_rolleyes.gif
Thank You from The Wimmer Girls
default_saludando.gif

I'm glad Nancy was able to get the word out early... I spent over an hour trying to get online this morning, and then over another hour writing the email I just sent out to the regular list from my neighbor's house! (I try really hard to word things carefully!)

If you are not on my email list, here is what those folks saw:

The show is on.

BUT!!!!!!!!! IT IS BASED ON THE INFORMATION WE'VE RECEIVED FROM YOU!

It is close... if EVERYONE who committed horses, classes, new memberships, sponsors, time, etc. comes thru, we'll be okay, and WE ALL appreciate you-- you know who you are.... but we'll be posting a list asap.

If ANYONE who committed doesn't follow thru, our options will be limited.

If you haven't already let us know, and you can commit any of the above, PLEASE do so asap! If you were thinking about maaaaybe bringing one just for fun, bring two for more fun! Think about the folks who will be so grateful that their plans for Nationals/Worlds don't have to be cancelled.... I know if I'd been able to go this year (finally, after four years of hoping...and I have usually got at least one qualified by now), I'd be thanking everyone I see at this show!!!

There are always ways to help at the show to take the load off those who tend to do the most, so ask around when you get there, even if you only have an hour between classes, or a kid/parent who isn't showing but wants something to do..... you get the idea. See Tony Lopes as he runs around trying to keep everyone happy... see me at the gate, trying to get everyone into those last minute classes (and my folks are coming from Ohio on Saturday.... I haven't seen them since Christmas, and would appreciate some help at the gate), see Marilyn in the booth (there's always paperwork needing to go up or down)... if you want a specific idea!!!!

This situation has been very stressful for many people, officers/directors as well as exhibitors....and we know some feelings have been hurt. Let's move on with a successful show and get everything/everyone settled down. Come to the show with a positive attitude, continue with the outpourings of suggestions, and get even more involved before the October show!!!! We will have at least one fundraiser before then, so please ask how you can help with that.

So spread the word, get everyone you can possibly reach to attend, and .....

WE'LL SEE YOU AT THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!

Call me if you need more info (my internet connection is spotty at best!)

Sincerely,

Pat Coffey

MHCSF Club Secretary

H: 863-467-5125

I am glad to see that this club pulled together to have the show. It would be nice now for everyone to show some appreciation on here. You all moned and groned when things weren't going your way and now that they are you don't show appreciation? Maybe that's what's wrong with this club? I think its great that Mr Lopes is doing this for eveyone!!

Latest posts

Back