CMM *Melody foaled a palomino pinto colt on 3/12/14*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Delight is just beautiful!!! And I love her VERY well fed foal -- those ice-blue eyes are stunning!!

Delight is sooooooooooooooo gorgeous and as for little Brave, well she is just too cute for words!! Many congrats!!

Cant wait to see the pics of your new boy when he arrives.
default_yes.gif

Thank you!!! I'm am just thrilled! Today Brave decided she liked us and now "calls" for us and runs up for scratches. She's so sweet. Delight is also a very sweet girl, I'm very lucky to have them.

Any ideas on barn names for the new colt?? His name is Stars Galahad and I don't want to call him Galahad. Where's Bree, isn't she the queen of names??

I'd love any suggestions!! Love unique names, but open to everything!

Congratulations on your beautiful new additions!!! Your new girls look great in their new pasture, so pretty!! I just LOVE Brave he is so handsome and I LOVE his name too seems very fitting!! His Momma sure is a beautiful girl too! Have fun and ENJOY all your new babies Lexie!!
default_thumbup.gif
Don't forget those promised pictures of your new colt when he arrives!!!!!!!! I will be thinking of a name but maybe after I see some pics I will have a suggestion or two!! LOL
default_smile.png

Perhaps when we see pics of the new colt, someone will have good suggestions for a barn name. From the registered name, the only thing that popped into my head was "Lad" or "Laddy".

Love the mare and filly, those blue eyes are beautiful.

Well Bree is into Norse names, so if Brave is a call name, there are several old Norse names for brave:

Nandor means ”brave as the god Tor”

Tormod has the same meaning.

Folke means ”chief” or ”brave leader”.

Modulf means ”brave like a wolf”.

Bernhard means ”brave like a bear”

Last edited:
Congratulations on your beautiful new additions!!! Your new girls look great in their new pasture, so pretty!! I just LOVE Brave he is so handsome and I LOVE his name too seems very fitting!! His Momma sure is a beautiful girl too! Have fun and ENJOY all your new babies Lexie!!
default_thumbup.gif
Don't forget those promised pictures of your new colt when he arrives!!!!!!!! I will be thinking of a name but maybe after I see some pics I will have a suggestion or two!! LOL
default_smile.png
The little black foal with blue eyes is actually a filly
default_smile.png
her name is Brave and the buckskin dam is Delight!
I am going to attach 3 photos of Stars Galahad (the new colt). Maybe you will all have some name ideas after seeing some photos of him! These were just taken less than 2 weeks ago
default_smile.png

Great suggestions so far!

5914_390160444422774_70690135_n.jpg

5914_390160441089441_180898266_n.jpg

5914_390160451089440_2134634040_n.jpg

He looks like a Comet to me - loosely connected to Starr, and with that white tail following him, just like the 'tail' of a comet! ??

He has arrived!!!

Anna I really like the name Comet. I used to ride a shetland pony named Comet, he was crazy! I had soooo much fun on him when I was little! Thank you Chanda!

I cannot find a name that seems to suit him
default_sad.png

Sorry it took so long to reply but my keyboard got covered in drool
default_thud.gif
You have wayyyyyyyyy to many gorgeous horses in your barn
default_drool5.gif
default_drool5.gif
:drool
default_drool5.gif

The name that pooped into my head was "Wowzer" cos he sure is a jaw dropper. Congratulations
default_thumbup.gif

Great suggestion Renee!! Personally I would wait a few days and see if something in his personality makes you think of a suitable name - we often change our 'pet' names for our babies several times until we find one that really fits.
default_yes.gif

Hi Everyone!! Wow its been awhile.......

Don't even know where to start! My good friend gave Stars Galahad his barn name, which is Jax (short for Jackson, or Jaxon). I still haven't decided on which spelling I like better, so I always just write Jax. I had 2 trainers who wanted to take him to Worlds and show him in the weanling class, but decided against sending him due to illness/stress on a 7 months old baby. He is also very different, so he is better off at home with me until I show him myself next spring. He is such a character! I am going to attach photos of him that I took after I did a 15 min clip job, and my 12 year old sister held/posed him. Not an easy task...... He is Mr. Personality.

Summer and Dove are awesome, as always! Such wonderful mares, especially our resilient little Summer.

Delight and Brave are also wonderful, Delight is such an incredible momma its just lovely to watch. Brave was very adventurous and in my opinion to adventurous! She started "running away" when it was time to go out to her paddock in the morning. She would venture off from Delight while being led so she was halter broke at an early age. Something I did not want to do, but for her own safety it was needed. Wandering to the woods and other fence lines was terrifying on our short trip to her field! She is almost 4 months old now, where does the time go? And Jax just turned 7 months yesterday.

I am also adding another broodmare who is in foal and due first couple days of March, I can hardly wait!! It will all be finalized this week as soon as her owner receives my check and contract in the mail. Cant wait to share photos and details, but she is kind of a dream come true!

Hope you enjoy my "handful" of photos!!

DSC_0845.JPG

DSC_0430.JPG

DSC_0145.JPG

DSC_0149.JPG

DSC_0194.JPG

DSC_0043.JPG

DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0998.JPG

DSC_0874.JPG

DSC_0877.JPG

DSC_0947.JPG

DSC_0960.JPG

DSC_0833.JPG

DSC_0815.JPG

DSC_0791.JPG

DSC_0761.JPG

DSC_0692.JPG

DSC_0685.JPG

DSC_0837.JPG

DSC_0855.JPG

DSC_0668.JPG

DSC_0731.JPG

DSC_0859.JPG

DSC_0878.JPG

DSC_0880.JPG

DSC_0883.JPG

DSC_0885.JPG

DSC_0886.JPG

DSC_0887.JPG

DSC_0888.JPG

Oh great to hear from you again and thank you for all those fabuous pictures!! Everyone is looking fantastic - Dee looks as though she could be pregnant, is she - I cant remember if she was covered before you got her? Little (or no so little!) Brave is such an attractive looking baby - 4 months already, where does the time go as you said! As for Jax - well he is just stunning and looking great. I think you were very wise not to send him off to the show (and into 'strange' hands) so much stress can be involved. He will probably do so much better next year with you as his handler.
default_yes.gif

Our wonderful Summer and pretty Dove are also looking great - loved seeing pictures of them again!

Cant wait to hear all about your new arrivals, do let us know as soon as they arrive.
default_yes.gif

Wonderful pictures. Everyone looking so good!! And exciting news about your arrivals....AND a new foal coming!

Welcome back -- you've been missed, and were very excited to keep hearing about all that is going on for you!

Since I hadn't responded earlier - SSSOOOO GLAD that Summer is over her ordeal and is doing great (she looks awesome!). Did you decide that Dove isn't in foal? Or is she getting "bigger" now?

Wow, when you get horses, you go "crazy"!! And what beautiful horses they all are too. I love "Jax"!!! Of course, I'm a sucker for silver dapples... but he is stunning. Can't wait to hear about your new mare and see pics. AND to find out whom she is bred to.

In reading thru all the pages since May, did I miss what happened with the two rescues? Did they find a home?

Catori is a beautiful horse - hoping she and your sister are doing very well together.

Latest posts

Back