CMM *Melody foaled a palomino pinto colt on 3/12/14*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot about Bird Catcher spots, so that's a possibility. My thoughts were that if no appy, then just Sabino ticking spots. I had an AQHA mare with a dime sized spot on her thigh/hip.

You can see if in this pic, if you can see beyond the cute colt that the picture was taken of:

Rebel - May 26, 2003.jpg

Her registration papers listed it as a "roan spot"; we are talking the AQHA here, so take their terminology with a grain of salt. She's sabino roan, not true roan.

I had never even heard about bird catcher spots, how interesting!

Lots of things have happened since I have last posted. A friend and I fundraised to rescue 2 mini mares, who will come stay with me until they find their forever home. They still have a couple more weeks of quarantine though. We named them "Una" and "Coral." Both very cute!

On Saturday I bought 2 new additions, that I am just thrilled about! My new mare is Double B Farms Echos Delight, a very pretty buckskin girl
default_smile.png
and at her side is a brand new filly by Reeces Geneses. SO EXCITED!!! They left the celebration sale and went to a friends farm where they will stay for about a month as I didn't want the filly and mare having to travel all the way from Ohio to me in MA. But I can hardly wait to get them home to me! I am told the mare is absolutely gorgeous in person and a fantastic producer. I just received cell phone pics last night and I am pretty sure the filly has 2 blue eyes, which is a major bonus (and I had no idea before hand). I am just so happy, and very lucky to have purchased this fantastic pair
default_smile.png

Sorry for rambling! Summer and Dove and my other horses are all doing well! Will get photos of them ASAP!

PS the filly isn't even 24 hours old in the first few photos, and only 3 days old in the other. Any name suggestions?!

_horse1_2790.jpg

largeFile2 2.jpg

photo-42.JPG

IMG_20130527_213806_186.jpg

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! They are both gorgeous
default_smile.png
The mum looks to be silver as well, which is one of my favourites and I love the little fillies nose

Thank you!!! I thought the mare looked Silver buckskin to me, so I am not crazy!?

Forgot to add the filly sleeping from last night!!

IMG_20130527_213138_725.jpg

Congratulations on your 2 new gorgeous girls and well done on your fantastic work with the 2 rescues, they are so lucky to have found you and your friend.

congrats on your two gorgeous girls! they are stunning!

names for your new little filly, Mia? Layla? Echo? something really pretty I think for such a special pretty girl!

OH, that silver buckskin mare is just TOO GORGEOUS!!!!! LOVE those dapples in her coat!!

And it could be the filly might be a smokey black -- carrying the cream gene. We can hope!

I'm horrid at names, but you must be just OVER THE MOON with your new girls!!! FANTASTIC!!

Last edited:
How about the name "S A V V Y" ?? Lol i cant help it she looks like my Savvy at birth who is now 4 years old and black as black can be.

Thank you everyone, I am so tickled with both the mare and filly! I am told the mares barn name is Delight, which I do not like but won't change it if she knows it. I think I am going to call the filly "Brave" kind of a long story as to why, but has lots of meaning. I got an update and the person who is boarding her told me "she is a mess" I figured he meant she was dirty??? No he meant she runs and plays all over the place, she is a little spit fire. He breeds and sees lots of foals, and he says she is a handful. Which I love, especially the extra spark! He said Delight is so sweet, and 10x more gorgeous in person! So yes I am thrilled! He also said the filly has the most beautiful dished head, hopefully my new show filly?!

I will share more photos as soon as he sends me some
default_smile.png

If you don't like "Delight" as a name, wait til she comes home, check out her personality, and try out some names on her, you might be surprised and find she likes (responds to) something else better. The names we pick don't always go with the horse, and even a name they've had for years they don't always respond well to.

Oh many congratulations Lexi - what a beautiful mare and that filly is just gorgeous, cute too. How sensible of you to find somewhere for them to stay after the sale, although I know you must be itching to get them safely home with you!

So glad you managed to rescue another two horses - you really are an angel, hope you find forever homes for them soon.

Looking forward to pics of ALL the new additions when you can get some, and sending hugs to our wonderful Summer.
default_yes.gif

DITTO to everything Anna has said! You are wonderful to help rescuing these little ones and getting them new homes. And what sensational horses you have gotten. Can't wait for more pictures of everyone~!

Thanks so much Anna and Diane!

Little update on the rescue gals Una & Coral: Coral ended up with a bad respiratory infection, bad wheezing and both had the snotty noses. Both have turned the corner. The woman we are using for quarantine is just wonderful, knows just how to fix them up, which is so nice since I have never quarantined far away. But my good friends place was full
default_sad.png
Will have pics of these girls soon!

I havent taken my camera with me to the barn (so unlike me), but have managed to snap a few photos on my cell. Oh and I finally received some photos of my new filly!! She has TWO blue eyes! Always wanted that, funny how things work out.... So its a fun surprise!! They also posted 2 videos on my facebook page, that I will share here but i think you have to have an account to view them. I can hardly wait to get her and her momma home!!

Summer is doing so well! So full of life always, we call her our little lion
default_smile.png

Dove looks wider, so will need to take new photos soon.

Hope these videos work!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200133784767143&set=vb.1226441406&type=2&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200144141626058&set=p.10200144141626058&type=2&theater

971317_10151698960108478_181783837_n.jpg

426619_10151698958823478_565699710_n.jpg

photo-40.JPG

7214_10151696934343478_261073193_n.jpg

980830_10200144908925240_1580935433_o.jpg

Gorgeous photos! So glad things are working out for you. You certainly deserve it!
default_smile.png
Bet you're busting to get these girls home tho ;)

oh your filly is gorgeous, she is going to be quite striking with her dark coat and bright blue eyes and I really do love that little snip(?) on her nose
default_smile.png
summer and dove are looking great too

Lexi I know I keep saying how gorgeous she is and how lucky she is to be able to live with you but I really am SO VERY HAPPY that you have got her and her mummy
default_smile.png
after everything that you have been through lately you deserve to have the most beautiful little baby and her mummy is to die for!

I'm so glad Summer is doing so well! this would be all due to your love care and attention to her I congratulate you we can all learn alot from you and how much you love your munchkins <3

Dove is looking a little wider...would love to see some more pics of her if you get time
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back