CMM *Melody foaled a palomino pinto colt on 3/12/14*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sorry for your loss but very glad your Summer has been saved and pray she recovers well. (((HUGS)))

So sorry for you loss. Summer will be in my prayers hope she gets over this.

Lexi, so sorry for your loss! But what a comfort that Summer came through and is safe. We will keep praying for you and your girl!!!

So sorry about the loss of the foal, but glad Summer is coming around and looks to be doing fine.

OH NO!!!!! I am so SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My heart just broke for you
default_sad.png
default_bye-sad.gif

So Sorry!!! I am thankful that you didn't loose summer! I am praying that you all heal quickly!

Lexi, I just signed on to read the updates and saw the news about Summer and her foal. My heart is breaking for you. You've had such a rough year. I'm happy that Summer has you as her best friend and that she is doing well because of all the efforts you made for her. You are in my prayers. I hope Summer continues to improve.

Just woke up and checked in here. So sorry this has happened to you Lexi. Sending big hugs. So glad Summer seems to be recovering.

Im so sorry you lost your little foal such horrible news. But so thankful that you were able to save Summer, praying that she continues to recover

oh Lexi,

I am so very sorry for the loss of your little baby
default_sad.png
my heart goes out to you Dear friend, I congratulate you on your quick thinking and getting the vet out... I know how much you Love Summer, and how your loved this little foal, I am praying for you and Summer that you will both recover soon.

Thinking of you and praying for you both.

Massive hugs being sent your way.

xoxo

I too offer my condolences. I am sorry that your lil foal was lost. I know that it must be painful after all the waiting and excitement. I am very thankful that you acted and that summer is up eating. Our prayers willnow go to you and her. Lori

I am so heartbreakingly sorry for the loss of your little one.

I am sure your quick thinking saved Summer, my heart goes out to you both.

Still praying that Summer will make a full recovery - hope she is feeling better today.

((((HUGS))))

Lexi if you pop in to read I just want you to know that we are all thinking of you and sending our love. Be strong my friend as time will help you.
default_cheekkiss.gif

Oh Lexi, I'm so very sorry for the loss for your foal! So thankful Summer is ok! We all know you did everything you could for your sweet minis. We are thinking of you and Summer!

Just got off the phone with Lexi. Summer has been doing very well, until late this afternoon, when she started to run a fever of about 103. Lexi called the vet to come check her right away, and now the vet is running back to the office to get supplies to flush Summer.

I was very surprised to hear that the vets had NOT flushed Summer after her ordeal yesterday -- especially with the long manipulation period it took to remove baby. So, the vet will be flushing her, and I suggested giving her Banamine for the fever.

The vet also said that Summer could have a tear -- but that would be the worse case scenario.

Asked what I would do if she were my mare, I said I would flush Summer tonight and tomorrow, but if Summer continues to run fever after 2 flushes (48 hours), I would suggest taking her to the vet hospital to look for a tear.

I believe that is what she's going to try. She is going to call me either tonight, or tomorrow morning to let me know how Summer is doing and I will update here. Lexi said she has come to check her thread, and thanks everyone for their comments and prayers. She said she feels like she has a large family behind her, and once Summer is out of the woods, she will be back to post for us.

SO MORE PRAYERS PLEASE. PRAY that after all that manipulation, and not being flushed yesterday, that this flushing and anitbiotic will work just fine, and Summer will continue to heal without any further problems. Your prayers helped to save her -- so now let's pray to get her well!!!

Just wanted to give an update.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back