CMHR's Emmy had a setback today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gini

Reaction score
Like I said this is a rollercoaster ride. Emmy's eye is visible today and doesn't look bad at all. I can still see the ulcer but the eye looks clearer today. Boy, these little ones can sure scare you! She was looking at me out of both eyes today and it was like "What's up Mom where's my breakfast! Who me scare you nope not at all!

Gotta love these kids! I'm so thankful she has 2 vets that are on call to her 24/7. She has stolen their hearts. I guess it's going to be 3 steps forward and 1 backwards and not for the faint of heart. She has to wear the mask all the time and it's hard to take it off and not know what you are going to find. I'm trying not to panic but with Emmy it's hard.

Posting these pictures of Emmy showing the eye we are trying to save. I freaked out this am when I went to medicate her and then feed. When I took her mask off she couldn't open the eye. Doctor was out in about an hour to check. I was sure she had lost the eye. The swelling was in the upper lid and you couldn't see the eye unless you got the lid in a certain position. Dr checked and the eye was the same as yesterday so we were ok. More meds called in and tonight when I treated her, the lid had gone down substantially. Like I've said we are on a rollercoaster.

Also posting pictures of her fly mask that Paula and Mike donated for Emmy. It looks like one of her ears are out but the extra hole is for the forelock.

I think she looks pretty cool in the mask!

Emmy and her mask

Emmasflymask.jpg

Emmy and one of her Vets Dr Brooks.

emmyanddrbrooks.jpg

Emmy's eye today

Emmyseyetoday.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor little Emmy
default_no.gif
Shejust looks so sweet and trusting.

Poor lovey, upping the voltage for her Gini. I'll try calling you today.

Latest posts

Back