CMHR needs prayers for our latest rescue UPDATED!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gini

Reaction score
TODAY'S UPDATE 8-12

[SIZE=12pt]I am now a little more optimistic about Emmy's prognosis. While she is not out of the woods totally. She was better enough I wormed her this morning. She is still on all her meds but really eating well. She is on safechoice 1/2 cup x3, 1/4 cup omelene 200 x3 and about 5 bermuda/alfalfa pellets broken up x3 with free choice chopped bermuda.[/SIZE]

What a little trooper she is. The farrier was out yesterday and was able to get her back up on her feet. Boy was it hard to watch her try and walk after that.

This am she is doing much better.

emmytoday2.jpg

Emmysfeettoday.jpg

emmysfeetsitter.jpg

Throwing the last picture in for fun. This is one of my geldings Ryder that is Emmy sitting. Saying "HOW EMBARRASSING! I'M OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!! Ryder is the only one of my guys that is not trying to knock the dickens out of her when she's around.

[SIZE=10pt]CMHR took in a new rescue at 9:30 last night. Got a call and she said she was scared to keep trying with "Jemma" Epona. What a cutie she is! Spent quite a bit of the day at the vet hospital. Tubed, 2 liters of solution iv, gastroguard and the list continues. Please say a few prayers for our newest little one. She has never been weaned and doesn't know how to eat. I guess it was easier than trying to wean her just to let her stay on Momma.[/SIZE]

Here are some pictures from this morning. The spots on her are where I treated where when colicing she rubbed her skin raw.

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

[SIZE=10pt]I'm sure from the pictures you can see some of her problems. Never been trimmed so the farrier is coming hopefully on Monday[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]After the trim pictures[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I will definitely be saying prayers for her. Poor little thing! I'm going out to hug my babies! Big prayers for the pretty little girl.
default_pray.gif

Will be keeping her in my thoughts. I have run out of words for these type of things
default_no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I have run out of words for these type of things
default_no.gif
That's because there are no words to describe the person who would allow such a thing to happen to an animal in their care - who depends on them for everything. Well, actually, I can think of a few choice words - but this is a PG forum - so I shall just sit here and mutter them to myself.
default_new_shocked.gif

Poor little thing.
default_wub.png
Gini, she could not have fallen into better hands than yours!

Poor little creature. In addition to her obvious physical needs she is so clearly depressed. She's just so tired. Thank God you've got her now.

The poor little precious
default_sad.png
I'm SO glad she's with you now Gini. I'll be praying for her!

We had to call an emergency board meeting last night to get this girl into CMHR and fast . She is very very ill and we are all terribly concerned about her. Besides being so poor, this baby is just flat exhausted, confused and missing her mama no doubt. Thank heavens Gini and Warren were close enough by to accept her to her farm or this girl would not have made it this far without her. This is going to be a touch and go case as she has not begun to turn the corner for us yet. Keep your fingers crossed as this girl is just in such very bad shape. Another IV drip may be in order. We cannot loose this beautiful baby.

Poor baby! Prayers coming for her from NM. Anything we can do to help otherwise????

I will say prayer for this precious little one. I hope to see pictures of her in the coming days blossoming into the beauty that she is. {{{hug}}} for taking her in. Keep us posted!

Her expression says "Oh how I miss my mama" - gosh Gini I am bawling for the little gal. She's in good hands with you. Thank you for caring so much.

Sending prayers for this little one. Poor baby!!! I just can't believe people can do this type of thing.

Barbie

Oh Gini, That poor little baby, thank God you were able to take her in, she couldn't be in better hands. I hope you can save her, I will be sending prayers from here.

Yvonne

Thanks all. Epona "Emmy" is on her feet today. Laying down only when her legs start hurting I'm sure. She ate 1/2 cup safechoice drizzled with tsp corn syrup. Also gave her the gastroguard and haven heard any teeth grinding this morning. Will keep that up for the 30 days. She is standing in one of the kiddy pools I have out for the horses. Drinking water like crazy!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
One very small step forward. Gotta get that farrier out here and soon!!

Thanks all for your prayers for Emmy. I truly believe the prayers of this group have helped many horses!

[SIZE=12pt]THANK YOU[/SIZE]

What a pretty little filly and such a lucky one! So glad she is showing improvement today. Gastroguard has got to be a miracle drug for sure.

I pray for her continued improvement. Thank you for sharing her with us.

Beth

What a sweet little girl. That is so sad. At that age she shouldn't have a care in the world. She is so lucky to have you to take care of her.

default_hypocrite.gif
:angel Gini, you are such an angel for doing all you do for these horse!!!
default_pray.gif
:pray
default_pray.gif
:pray :Lots of prayers coming from here in Maine!!!
default_cheekkiss.gif
Thank you

Latest posts

Back