CMHR arrived at WORLDS!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Gini Acton CMHR Treasurer drove to Worlds from Arizona to get a jump start on setting up the booth. Connie, President is on a plane and will arrive today. They will be joined by Board members Paula Gower from Texas, and Wendi Weinstein today from Chesapeake Minis. Our former President Jess Freer resigned due to health problems, but he may be able to be there if he feels up to it.

There will be a small presentation From Rescue to Ribbons in the center ring when we enter our little CDE Rescue Champion Teddy and his owner Paula in his viceroy cart.

There will be a Members Round-up on Friday between 5-7 in the Burnett Bldg, Stall 44 sponsored by Cheaspeake Minis. Stop by for some light refreshments.

Gini reports sales of our things are going quite well but unfortunately someone has stolen some of our Holiday Halters from our booth.

http://store.chancesminihorserescue.org/haltersleads.html

But other than that, Gini says we have been well received by everyone there.

Last edited by a moderator:
We got to meet & visit with Gini Acton, very nice lady. The booth looks great & has lots of neat stuff to buy. The halters are really nice. Looking forward to seeing Teddy.
default_aktion033.gif

AMHR Nationals: We've talked about it , wanted to go, but it has always ended up with Worlds because it was just easier for the majority of members to go there. Everyone is there on their own dime, so the closer the better and that's the way it has been working out the past years.

Good idea Jules!
default_yes.gif

SHAME On someone who would steal halters from CMHR!!
default_no.gif

I so agree. Hard to believe what some people will stoop to.

Ditto........

I wonder what people are thinking when they steal from a NON PROFIT/CHARITY ???

Personally people like that are DIRT.

Our Oklahoma membership is growing in leaps and bounds so it maybe on the table for next year, cross your fingers.
default_aktion033.gif

About the halters, we are really saddened about that. I just cannot believe someone would stoop that low to steal from anyone, let alone a rescue for heaven's sakes who needs every single dime we can muster. Just in September we took about 13 more horses into the program. Thankfully, every one of them is going to survive. Even the little guy that had a body score of zero to 1 is doing fantastic.
default_yes.gif

On Friday evening around 6:00, CMHR is going into the ring with our little CDE horse. I don't think he's ever been in an indoor ring before but he's already there at the booth being a little ambassador. Did I mention how proud we are of him???
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

About the halters, we are really saddened about that. I just cannot believe someone would stoop that low to steal from anyone, let alone a rescue for heaven's sakes who needs every single dime we can muster.

Probably not someone showing at World's, but perhaps it would help to put out an announcement (assuming World's has a loud speaker), about the theft, so that people are aware it happened, maybe the guilty party will return them. [Perhaps sugar sweet announcement with "no questions asked with return" included, would get them returned to your table. If nothing else, other vendors will be aware of someone looking for a 5-finger discount while at Worlds.]

What's silly is that the holiday design to the halters is so obvious!

You'd think people would see and the red flags would go up if they try to sell them.

That is so very sad and pitiful that someone steals from a rescue. After also reading the post about someone cutting the mane off a mini just shows how sick some people really are. Hope they find the ones that did it and procecute them. Wouldn't doubt that it is one and the same.

It's sad that anyone has to steal from anybody......... From all that I have heard going on at Worlds, I am just pretty disgusted with people right now.

That is great the rescues are doing well and I hope someone might post some pics of the booth and the little rescue horse in the ring, etc.... ??

Bumping this...it's Friday, and they will be in the ring!

Saw & heard them!! That was nice!

? It's not 6 AZ time...I am getting "wait, we'll be back at 5:30.."

I had it on at 6 EST...what happened?

They got a call to hurry up and get in the ring before the scheduled time so off they went and here they are: Got to excuse the video I was filming it at home and for some reason Teddy looks really kinda distorted in some places but he's not.

Latest posts

Back