CMHR $3 Mission of Thanks : Final items, huge thank you Pg. 19

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For our last day, we again have our donor back who will pay $1 a post of what you are thankful for!!
default_firstprize.gif
This should relate to everyone, and it just takes you to type a post on what you are thankful for this year! These are always wonderful, heartfelt and am thankful for this donor who has asked for it again this year!!

Happy, happy Thanksgiving to all!!
default_hypocrite.gif

Make sure to check out page 16 for all the great items we have remaining this last day!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This means you have purchased one of my ribbon bags if you want it. If you do not, it will remain available. Let me and the rest of the group know. Also, do you have your own ribbons or will I be using mine? Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Angie
I will donate this back for resale in order to raise more money for the horses. If it does not sell again, we'll talk.

I am thankful to be back in my home for the holidays, after the tornado of 2011 .

For the $1 (thank you!)

I'm THANKFUL for too much to mention!

I'm thankful that my husband wasn't killed last year when he was run over by a semi truck & that he's still here with me.

I'm thankful that I was able to have surgery this year and that *I* am still here with all of you.

I'm thankful for family and REAL friends!

I'm thankful for Lil Beginnings and all of you!

I'll take the 45.00 for the pyramid.

Did the Ozark Mountain Tack new bucket get a bid?

For the $1.00 story of thanks. First, a BIG thank you to the anonymous donor for going out of their way to make the lives of rescues better.

I am certainly thankful for the people in my life and the animals but I am most thankful for my faith which sustains me daily.

Yaaaaaaaaahooooooooo!!!
default_xreiter.gif
:run A private donor has bid on the pyramid match at $50!!!!

SO, we need a bid of $55 to continue our climb!!!!!!
default_ohnoes.jpg
default_ohnoes.jpg

The Ozark surprise is a sale item this time, at $125!!

Frankie--Not sure if the other ribbon bag is still up for sale or not. Could you check that out and let me and everyone else know? Thanks

Good Morning Guys, I just have to say something in here before this mission closes. I've been honored to have a seat on the Board of Directors now for over 6 years. This is an organization that I firmly believe in that does do very good and difficult work to the best of our abilities. I'm pretty much a no-nonsense gal when it comes to serious matters and I would not be a part of it if it wasn't everything I expect it to be and much more. Rescue is not a fun business. Together with this wonderful group of people on the Board, we have had more than our share of frustrations, obstacles shoved in our way, shed many tears, but we also had our very joyous moments which ultimately makes it all worth our efforts.

We have amazing plans going on in our heads that we hope will be realized in 2013 to be able to reach more horses than ever before. Carolyn's efforts here with her Misson of Thanks is going to be able to make that happen with your continued support.

Please keep in mind when looking for a horse for any reason to give a CMHR horse a chance first. Although we don't allow breeding or re-sale, we always have nice horses available with pet, driving, and showing capibilites.

Saying "Thank You" to Carolyn and all of you are by far not empty words. On behalf of the Board of Directors of CMHR, we do very much thank each and every one of you who has helped. And please, if you have not been able to donate anything, please know your moral support means very much to us also. A kind word of encouragement from you from time to time means a lot to us.

Happy Thanksgiving to All,

Luv,

Marty

Ahhhhh Marty, I do it for Misty, well me too, and yea you too and too for all the horses! I will never forget what all went through my head when Misty's rescue pictures first hit the internet!! I was so angry someone, a live person had allowed this to happen! I went straight to email and I emailed everyone on the board, officers trying to find out how this happened and why and how to get her to me. Heck, I know some got two emails from me!! The point is she "got" to me and years later she is healthy, happy, spoiled and she still "gets" to me, but in a happy way!! NONE of this would have ever taken place without you and CMHR! For all of you, I am eternally grateful and our mission will march on for years to come! To all of you who do so very much, most times unnoticed...thank you!!

default_xreiter.gif
default_worshippy.gif
default_xbud.gif
default_thumbup.gif

We have an anonymous donor who has their last $200...and are going to give to the mission.

But what they want is for a few who have their last $100 and CAN! Maybe haven't gotten around to it, here's your push you may need.

What we need: 2 different donors, $100 a piece through paypal, ending our mission with a big bang...bucks!! You give a $100, someone else does, we get $400 total!

Please respond here.

Still gifts remaining, listed updated on page 16!!!!!
default_poke.gif
default_poke.gif

This is for the $3.00 Senior horse story! It's not really long but I'd love to tell you about her!

I have a pretty palomino mare named Dotty. I got her for free from a lady. She came to me at 21 and prego! She was my first experience with a pregnant horse. So I did all my research, had the vet out a million times just to make sure she was ok and that things were coming along well. And they were, her and I bonded really well and I just fell in love. Time came for her to have her baby and things did not turn out well at all. Poor baby got stuck and passed, and we almost lost Dotty. Vet was out here as soon as I called about contractions and the laying down a lot. There was nothing they could do. Baby was to big. It was a scary mess. And so sad. In the end my girl made it and I swore no more babies EVER!!! Now she is 27 going on 28 the beginning of next year. She is RETIRED and pampered and loving it!! She gets foodies 3 times a day, a nice warm stall in the winter and a fan on her in the summer! She is my angel and for as long as God lets me keep her I'll treat her like a princess! Thanks for letting me share!

For the $1 thank you!! Thank you to the donor)

I am thankful for my family, my friends, my horses,dog and cat.

I am thankful for all the true friendships I have.

I am thankful to have a roof over my head and food for my family

I am thankful for all the people who help those less fortunate, people and animals.

For the $1.00 Thankful post!!

I am Thankful for my life! I am Thankful for my Hubby and Son! I am Thankful for my mom and dad! I am Thankful for my faith in God! I am Thankful for my home and all my critters! And I'm Thankful I live in the USA!

Frankie--Not sure if the other ribbon bag is still up for sale or not. Could you check that out and let me and everyone else know? Thanks
Angie and Frankie,I did donate the ribbon bag back, so it could be sold again.

Please this bag is lovely, and I believe it is $30, so I'm hoping

Someone will buy it!

I have a senior horse story altho it isn't nearly as moving as many I've read here. Still for the $3 since every little bit counts;

When we first decided to get into miniatures we looked for a long time with only grade and poor quality back yard horses available. Finally we found a person who was retiring and wanted to sell her mares as a package. There were 6 mares in the group and 2 of them were seniors, both had been show extensively and done very well. We were told that one little black mare was never able to give them a foal and they thought she never could. We decided that was not an issue, she had other strengths besides her ability to be a mother so we made a deal. Once we got the horses home we came to realize that altho that little mare never settled herself she was a good indicator of when any other mare was in heat and on top of that she was our special needs daughters go to horse. She was always a bit of a cranky old girl and really preferred to be left alone but when her girl came to get her she would let herself be caught and she was content to be led all over, for her girl she acted like a puppy, following placidly and allowing any attention that was given. They were often seen napping in the shade of a tree on a warm summer day or my daughter laying on the lawn as Misty enjoyed the extra grass. My daughter has grown now and doesn't live with us and Misty has crossed the rainbow bridge but I will always have fond memories of the 2 of them relaxing in each others company.

This is my $3 senior horses story. Since I got started in this venture in 1989, I am now blessed with many sweet oldsters.

I have already started losing some of them, and the next few years will no doubt be heartbreaking to me over and over. But I have promised each of them that they will always have a home with me (no selling them off as worthless to have to spend their last years at a stranger's place). These pensioned broodmares and even one stallion gave me their best though the years, and I intend to give them my best for as long as I'm privileged to.

Both bags are sold! Need to update quicker!!
default_yes.gif
We will be getting all the info to those who need it just as quick as we get it and can.

For those who are sharing their stories, so wonderful! I am not the donor but I can't tell you how very much I have enjoyed reading them, I know why they were requested.

Thank you all so much for sharing. Yes the senior story is still going, $3. And the thankful story, $1.

I am thankful that my mare produced such a lovely filly without any complications

Latest posts

Back