CMHR $3 Mission of Thanks : Final items, huge thank you Pg. 19

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget! You can always use the tote & cozy as part of your Secret Santa gift as a little something extra!
default_smile.png

Great Idea REO!! I just love these little totes!

While you are on the CMHR sales page, take a look around, nice items at great prizes and we know some of your horse friends would love some of these for the holidays!!

We still have money to match!! Until 9 on Friday!!

Double your money!! Great gifts!!

To donate: first post provides the information. This match is by paypal or by check. I know our treasure would love to find more in her mailbox!!

Marty, great post on the foster homes, I think it provided information we were unaware of, thank you!!

I just put in my $20.00 Last year I bid and won a wonderful bag of goodies from Ozark so I am waiting to see what else comes up and will make another donation later.

Last week my horses wanted to give $5 per horse for a total of $25.00. This morning they told me they would do without a few treats (as if I would let them do without) so they can give $4 per horse for $20.

The money has been sent through Paypal!

I love this annual "Mission of Thanks"!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Everyone....Your CMHR Treasurer reporting in. First of all I would like to THANK everyone who makes this $3 Mission of thanks possible and to all our generous donors CMHR could not be possible without you.

Well we are a week into the 8th annual $3 Mission of Thanks and our total as of this morning with donations received, pledged and the matches we are at $350.00.
default_yes.gif
Not a bad start for the 1st week.

If you haven't made your donation yet but are planning to....maybe today should be the day! A $20 donation from the next 4 people will be matched dollar for dollar. So your $20 donation becomes $40 now how awesome is that!!!!
default_worshippy.gif

Check back there are more prizes and matches to come!!! Have a wonderful day!!

WOW!! Thanks to all who have made a donation and doubled your money!! Don't you wish your bank did the same!
default_thumbup.gif

Happy to hear our total, the first week is always slow, but we know what it can do the last 2 weeks!! We sure need your help!

We need 4 more people to complete this match! You give $20, a donor gives another $20 for you!! This is good until Friday at 9 p.m.

Believe me, this donor really wants to hand over the entire amount, so hope your payday is tomorrow and hope more you remember CMHR!!

default_gaah.gif
default_gaah.gif
default_gaah.gif

It's the final day of this match!!
default_xbud.gif
default_thud.gif
default_xbud.gif
We are still looking for 4 more people to double their money AND help a great great cause. As you have read so many wonderful people are giving so much of themselves and do so year around, can you assist just during this time of year, allowing all those others to assist the rest of the year for us, for these horses?

You guys are the best, I have been a member of this family for many years and I can say there is none like it!! Thank you so much.

We have several wonderful items/gifts coming up. Many have been very popular in the past, many new. So make sure to check back!!

Only 2 weeks to go and boy does it go by fast!

And remember, we are only asking for $3! Your $3 combined with all the other $3 makes one big total!!

Morning guys! OK we have an 911 as we speak so hope you don't mind me Carolyn hijacking this thread for a minute. We need a foster home fast. We have 3 stallions located in WV (which we would have gelded of course). The general information is they have been abandoned for months, was stuck in 4 feet of snow and 1 has an injury to his foot. We cannot commit to taking them into our program without a place to put them until they are all fixed up and adopted. If anyone would like to foster them, or help hauling them, please go to our website and fill out the foster care form in detail and submit it to us right away. Thanks so much

www.chancesminihorserescue.org

We have secured a foster home for all three. Thank you so much to anyone that was considering fostering. We still need foster homes in all states so please if you would like to become a foster home visit our website and fill out a foster application! You will be glad you did! Fostering makes ones heart sing!
default_yes.gif
default_smile.png

Your donations will also help us to help these little ones in need. Continued thanks to all!

We would also like to step up and help the horses going up for auction in Oregon, but without foster homes we are unable to offer. If anyone out there in Oregon or any surrounding state would like to foster one or more of the 177 horses going up for auction out in Oregon we will do what we can to get them. Thank you!

Wow, just as we do our largest fundraiser of the year, it appears it now needs to be bigger than ever!!

We still have 4 or the remaining 10 matches to go!

You donate $20 and someone will match that for you upping your donation to $40!!

Just post here and we will make sure the match is completed!!

IT'S PAYDAY FOR MANY, PLEASE CONSIDER YOUR GIFT!

PLEASE, NO AMOUNT IS TO SMALL, IT ALL ADDS UP AND WE NEED YOU ALL NOW!!

We have more gifts coming, AND more matches. Make sure to keep checking back.

Thank you to all and thank you again to CMHR for doing such a wonderful job!

Your horses are warm in a barn tonight, relaxing after dinner, help us to give that to all the horses, they deserve it!!

Good morning to all, it is to be a beautiful weekend, get out and enjoy your miniatures and too think of others!
default_yes.gif

We have a wonderful gift donated by REO! She takes such special care in making these gifts just for you!

The 1st person to pledge $15 to CMHR and say it's for REO's SHOW BOW, will get their choice of color from my handmade Sparkle show bow colors.

RED, BLUE, BLACK, PURPLE, FUSHIA, SILVER, GOLD, GREEN.

You need to respond here, you may by paypal or just say you are sending in a check.

Thank you Robin so very much!!
default_firstprize.gif

In addition, for the weekend until Sunday at midnight, anyone who donates 75.00 will receive a free burgundy CMHR sweatshirt!!

​Again this is being given by an anonymous donor, not CMHR. Any time you make a donation and you do not want to post but have a gift coming, please send me a message and we will make sure to get your gift to you.

We have so many generous people trying to encourage you to make that pledge, we are so very thankful for them and all they do! I hope to see many take advantage and help out.

It is the time of year to share our thanks!!

I know there are a lot of new people here at Lil Beginnings! They might not know the story behind CMHR.

Chance's Miniature Horse Rescue was "born" here at Lil Beginnings many years ago when a lady posted about a poor little colt that we came to know as Chance. People here came together to try to help him. The idea to start a rescue for minis came about and a group formed and they've worked HARD to help mini horses in need ever since!

They do get donations all year long to keep up the work they do SAVING horses, but this $3 mission of Thanks is the BIG fundraiser that helps them a lot to keep going!

Please, if you have a few dollars to spare, this is a great cause! Please help if you can!

Thank you Carolyn for doing this each year and for everyone at CMHR and all the people that foster and adopt!

Here is what the show bows look like. This one is the gold color.

gb.jpg

Thanks Robin so much for adding the story of Chance!! I wonder if he knows what he started? I hope we make him proud!!

Thank you again to everyone involved.

With trying to help all those in Oregon, the mission has become so very important!

What a beautiful gift, the first $15 takes a show bow of your choice of colors!!

We need to have a great weekend, take a few minutes to do what you can do, no matter how small. That is part of the reason we created a $3 Mission, so all could help!!

Good morning to the best group of folks I know!
default_wub.png

Check the past few posts, we have gifts for you and your dollars go to one wonderful cause!!

Make sure to check back, the next 11 days are packed with gifts and matches!! We will also have more stores/updates on horses who are now in their permanent homes, that you helped to get there.

Please share this information with those you know would want to be a part of our Mission.

I want to thank Connie for all her hard work and time she puts into CMHR. It takes a special person to lead an organization such as this, and she is for sure one of those people! I am taken back by her generosity for these horses and look forward to the progress of the home she plans for horses ready to retire. If it all comes together this will be one awesome retirement home for some deserving miniatures!

If anyone from CMHR has an update on the situation in Oregon, I know many would love to hear it!

We are down to a week and a half of our Mission of Thanks! Time is going quickly, please don't let it get away! No time like the present!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

The auction for the Oregon horses is December 8th. They have matched up papers for the older horses but the young ones will be sold unregistered. The SO MINI group is getting the word out to help these horses but 177 horses is a lot to absorb into one area's horse population. These horses will have been under vet care for about 3 months by the auction date. They will have 2 sets of vaccinations, wormed, treated, deliced and hooves trimmed. I have heard most of the stallions will be gelded.

These horses were confiscated in terrible condition and it has been rumored that the vet caring for them was caught with tears in his eyes several times. Some animals had to be euthanized and the ones up for auction will still be in rough condition. Our fear here is that not all the horses will find homes and end up in slaughter houses. We are doing what we can locally but it may not be enough.

I have dispersed my horses and the ranch is up for sale but is sitting here empty within 10 miles of the auction site. I have offered the use of my ranch to CMHR so hopefully we can save the ones that would go to the kill buyers.

Kathi you're amazing to do that.

What bothers me so much about these types of things is that the horses will end up as someone's breeding stock, anyone's breeding stock and will be sold to just anyone for the bucks instead of having them properly placed into screened homes. People will decend on this auction like vultures and heaven only knows what kind of future they will have with some of them. This is one reason why CMHR wants to get our hands on as many as possible to hopefully ensure they get good homes with love.

Hi...I need to contact Diane G from Noddalotta to let her know I received her $20 donation for the $20 match and was wondering what color tote bag and drink cozy she would like? If she could please email me at her earliest convenience I would appreciate it.My email address is [email protected]. Thanks so much!!!!

To foster for CMHR you must go to our website and fill out a foster application. Send that along with photos of your farm and 3 letters of reference (vet, farrier, personal) to our Secretary Shannon. Her information can be found at the bottom of the form. :) You cannot foster without being approved. Sorry, but it is our way of trying to be sure that each horse is placed in a safe and secure foster home.

Please do not purchase horses at auction and plan on surrending them into CMHR without approval. We must be certain that we have enough approved fosters before we commit to the horses. I would hate to have someone purchase horses thinking that they will just surrender them to us and then we have to tell them that we do not have a foster home available.

Thank you! :)

We are here to help and would love to help out in the Oregon situation at this time, but need the approved foster homes before we make any committments. Thank you so much for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,

Connie Parr

CMHR President

Thank you so much Robin for the donation of your beautiful bows again this year and for sharing the story of Chance, the little horse that started this wonderful rescue.

Thank you Carolyn for your kind words. I certainly appreciate that. Rescue is truly a labor of love for all of us. (hugs)
default_cheekkiss.gif

Thank you to each and every person that helps - you are all very very much appreciated!

Hope everyone has a beautiful day!
default_saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back