CMHR $3 Mission of Thanks : Final items, huge thank you Pg. 19

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My $3 story is much like my wife, Dannigirl's, story. It was my wanting that first mare that looked so much like my first horse that started all this craziness. For the record, I was the only voice of reason on the trip back from minnasota. I did not want that many horses to be responsible for. Now I am hooked and find it hard to let even one go to another home. I love to show and would show year round if I could. I love my horses.

Thank you to all for sharing such wonderful stories!! I sure hope to read, hear more as we have a donor giving $3 for each story posted on how you got involved with miniatures! That goes until tonight at 9 pm. What easier way for you to help this Mission!!

Right now we also have:

Brooke The Clippergirl!! Thank you so much Brooke!

Brooke has donated two of her DVD's on, How to Clip A Miniature Horse.

Brooke is clipping all over the world and many horses she clipped were National and World Champions! The reviews on this DVD have been outstanding!

We hope you will take the time to also visit her site...http://www.layuqwam....ooke/index.html

We will put this up for auction. So we will have 2 winners, the top 2 bids!

This auction goes until Sunday at 9 p.m.

You may bid privately by sending me a forum message. Or post here.

You may pay by paypal or by check.

The bidding is to start at $10 and raised by at least $5.

Keep track and remember, this is a DVD, not a CD.

If paying by Check please send to:

Chances Mini Horse Rescue

5846 Craven Road

Emmett, MI 48022

Putting $3 Mission in the notes(For)

Or go to: http://chancesminihorserescue.org/ and select the Paypal button to make a donation.

I am sure everyone is busy with the holiday approaching, but I sure hope you will take the time to share your mini story before tonight! It is a great way to help CMHR get that $3 and all you need do is type!!

Plus the wonderful DVD from Brooke the Clippergirl!

As you enjoy the holiday and the many things you have to be thankful for, I hope you can give thanks to others!!

I love the idea of sharing our stories for a donation! I love talking about how we got into this particular boat!

Our story started with a bored, laid off husband who discovered craigslist. He started checking the farm & garden sales page daily. One day, he was all excited..."Come look at this!" It was picture of an adorable black foal. I thought he was just sharing it with me to give me a smile for the day. A few days later he showed it to me again..."Look she's still for sale!". I gave it a passing glance and gave it no further thought.

When he was still showing the ad to me 4+ weeks later, I finally asked him why he was continuing to show me this ad. He never liked horses...disparging them at every opportuntity. I was very confused. When all was said and done, he told me that he was agreeable to the idea of miniature horse or two. After grilling him with question after tough question, I realized he was serious. And my dream of horse ownership was about to come true.

That was April 2009. By October of 2009, we were up to 4 horses! I still pinch myself some days.

I'll add a photo later
default_smile.png

This was the photo he kept showing me on craigslist:

izzy_foal_2008.jpg

This is a photo of her has a yearling that summer:

IMG_1546Izzy4x6-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, glad I stopped in and learned of the wonderful anonymous donor of $3 for every story of our first mini! Thank you anonymous donor!

After having horses for decades and my pinto Target who was boarded for 10 years, we finally reached a position where we could buy land for a farm and bring him "home". We did this in June 2003 at the same time that I retired from my state job and went into business for myself. Everything went fine for the summer and fall, but my interest in miniatures made a great excuse to look for a mini for a companion. We knew we had to have another Pinto because we were already showing Target on the Pinto circuit and had seen the fun people were having in the mini classes. On a cold day in January we visited a nearby farm (Sawmill River) that had one pinto for sale - a 2 year old stud - but we wanted to see the farm anyway, so we took a look. We liked what we saw but could tell that "Cowboy" was going to be a challenge! The deciding factor was their offer to have him gelded for us and let us bring him back if he didn't work out for any reason. So in late January 2004 we hauled Target up there to be a trailer buddy for his new companion, and they started bonding on the trailer ride home. We kept them separated by round pen panels, and of course the number of minis eventually grew to its current dozen, with Target loving them all. Unfortunately we lost Target just about a year ago, but his memory lives on in our farm name - On Target Miniatures. We still have Cowboy, who has been a challenge but became our first Pinto Champion.

The boys in early 2004:

Cowboy_and_Target.jpg

This is such a wonderful thing! Cant thank you enough Anonymous donor!!!

I am 19 years old and my name is Lexi. I started riding when I was 7 and had my first horse at 10. I have always had morgans until this April when I rescued my off the track thoroughbred mare "Pippa." Well she is really the start of it all because since her there have been many rescues! I have mostly helped others find new families and I have rescued 3 personally. I rescued Monaco a completely un-handled long yearling just about a month and a half after Pippa arrived. In June I saw a dun mini mare who I completely fell in love with! I contemplated sending the funds for a day and when I went to she had the word "SOLD" next to her description. I was sad but couldn't help but be happy for her since sold meant she didn't get on the slaughter truck.

Anyways this same little mini mare was all of the sudden available again the beginning of July. I had shown her to my 11 year old sister from before and when she was listed again by the kill broker we knew we HAD to save her! My younger sister Laina sold all of her old american girl doll toys so she herself could save this mini. She also had a lemonade stand with a bunch of info about horse slaughter, and lots of people stopped!

On July 7th 2012 I sent Laina's money for her and she made her long journey from VA to MA and arrived to us on July 10th. Laina named her Summer and upon arrival she was very nervous which was completely expected. We think she was previously abused but with LOTS of time and love she is an incredible little girl! We are very lucky to have her! Laina now has the hopes to save enough money to hardship her into AMHA! I almost forgot to add that Laina made her "show name" Country Time Lemonade, which is the same lemonade she served at her stand!

Thank you again to the VERY generous donor!

photo-18.JPG

DSC_0185.jpg

DSC_0568.JPG

DSC_0619 2.JPG

DSC_0598.JPG

DSC_0723.jpg

DSC_0561.jpg

DSC_0630.JPG

DSC_0795.JPG

DSC_0558.JPG

What heart warming stories. That ends tonight at 9!!!!!! So hurry, lets hear yours!! A special friend is going to donate $3 for you, all you have to do is share!

Also, I have a bid of $15 for one of the DVDs, a silent bidder!! thank you This goes to Sunday!! Happy bidding!!

If you would like to see what CMHR is up to, go to http://chancesminihorserescue.org/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/CMHRThanksgiving2012Newsletter.318135344.pdf it is their current newsletter, will sum things up for you at a glance, please visit!!

LESS THAN ONE WEEK TO GO!

I can not believe how time goes by soooooooooooooo fast!!
default_xreiter.gif

There is no more waiting, the time is near, the time is here!

Please give to the CMHR $3 Mission of Thanks!!
default_pray.gif

All info you need to give is listed about on this page.

Thank you to all, so far it has been a wonderful, generous Mission...AND SO MUCH MORE TO COME! CHECK BACK AND OFTEN!!
default_yes.gif

Love all the $3 stories! Here is my $3 story (thank you anonymous donor!).

I had wanted a horse since the day I was born, but my parents were total non-horse people. They kept insisting that I had to wait until I was 18 (and as a 4 or 5 year old, that felt like FOREVER!). After many years of 4-H, leasing, showing, etc., my dad built a lovely barn with one horse stall, a tack room, and a hay loft, and my mom took me horse shopping. I wanted a riding pony, but we just weren't ready for something that big! We went to a breeder's place to see a few minis she had recently taken in and was trying to rehome. Of course, I fell in love with the first one I saw- a totally adorable 36" 2-year-old black pinto, and insisted she was "the one". My parents agreed to buy Kandy as my Christmas present, so long as I promised to pay for everything else, including vet bills, feed, fencing, etc. (I quickly learned that I got the short end of the stick with that deal!).

I was going crazy like the dancing banana emoticon when Kandy arrived, since I had waited 12 loooong years to finally get my very own horse... and then she kicked me. And bit me. And bolted. Of course, I was totally devastated that we didn't have a magical fairy tale bond, and was even more devastated when my parents told me if I couldn't deal with her, that was the end of the experiment and I'd have to be horseless until I was an adult. Needless to say, we worked it out rather quickly, and she's been my best friend for almost 10 years now. I had to leave her back home in Wisconsin for 4 years while I was in college halfway across the country- but now that I've graduated, she's enjoying life on the east coast with me and my other mini, Skip. I am so thankful that I was able to find a job shortly after graduating so I can afford to have horses again. I board them a few miles from my job, and being able to see them almost every day keeps me sane in my first year of teaching middle school
default_yes.gif

Here we are 5 or 6 years ago.

rheakandy.jpg

And this is us a few months ago.

rheaandkandy9.jpg

WE HAVE A BIG MATCH!!
default_firstprize.gif
I mean BIIIIIGGGGGG!

This is a pyramid match and is being matched by a wonderful supporter of CMHR who asked to remain anonymous. Thank you!

For those that may not be aware of a pyramid match, this is how it works!

There are 2 sides of the pyramid going to the top, you the bidders have one side, the donor has the other, and at the top is the goal, $75.

The starting bid is a $5 donation done by you, that is the amount you will give, on the other side the donor matches that $5.

The next person will bid $10, as does the donor.

We want it raised by $5 and only $5, need to go slow to get to the top as that is what the donor matches!!

When we get to $30, the donor gives $30, etc. and so on!! Until we hit $75 at the top.

And if you are curious as to what we make, well the donors side will total $600 when we reach the top!!

So what you bid is what you give, and only increase by $5 at a time to make sure we get the max for our pyramid!!

This is a great opportunity for a big last push. If you can give $60, hang on, check back and give when we are that high on the pyramid!!

This should be so much fun to watch!!

default_yes.gif

So who has the bottom of our pyramid!! $5 and you better have strong shoulders!!
default_thumbup.gif

Frankie, can we make bids on the pyramid more than once? I'll start it off with 5.00.

You can do more than one bid. Thank you for starting off our pyramid!!!!!
default_yes.gif
So the next bid needs to be $10 and you donate $10!

This is a great way to get CMHR some extra money, and as you see how the pyramid works, you are also doubling your donation!!

I hope more people get on the next few days because we sure don't want to lose this!!
default_xreiter.gif

Please check back, keep up! Going to be a great last 5 days of our Mission!!

Brooke the Clippergirl DVS: Top 2 bids are at $15 and $30...both are private bidders. This goes until tomorrow, we have 2 to give away!!

To explain the pyramid match, is being matched by a wonderful supporter of CMHR who asked to remain anonymous. Thank you!

For those that may not be aware of a pyramid match, this is how it works!

There are 2 sides of the pyramid going up to the top, you the bidders have one side, the donor has the other, and at the top is the goal, $75.

The starting bid is a $5 donation done by you, that is the amount you will give, on the other side the donor matches that $5.

The next person will bid $10, as does the donor.

We want it raised by $5 and only $5, need to go slow to get to the top as that is what the donor matches!!

When we get to $30, the donor gives $30, etc. and so on!! Until we hit $75 at the top.

And if you are curious as to what we make, well just the donors side will total $600 when we reach the top!!

THANKS TO ALL AND HAPPY BIDDING! LETS DOUBLE OUR DONATIONS!!

Good morning to all! We have a wonderful donor who has offered us a great match, but we need your help!

I hope things slow down for you some today to be able to watch our match and donate when you can to help our pyramid grow! I know it will get hectic for most as the holiday approaches.

Thank you again to all who have already donated, those who have offered wonderful gifts and those who give so much of them self to CMHR.

You are greatly appreciate!
default_firstprize.gif

We need a $10 bid for our pyramid~~
default_whistling.gif

We currently have several items "for sale".

All of the below was given, donated to us and as we get closer to Thanksgiving we have decided to put them up for sale.

Just respond here that you want to purchase a certain item. All prices are listed.

Send me your information and I will make sure the item is sent to you after confirming payment.

If you have a secret santa gift to purchase, take a look!!

Brook the Clippergirl DVD on "How to clip a miniature horse". (no longer up for auction) We have 2, $30 each.

Thank you Brooke, please visit her site, at http://www.theclippergirl.com/

From an up and coming superstar singer, we have a CD from Jros, Joel! Not only is he an accomplished horseman, he is a fabulous musician, singer! His album entitled "I will share my Christmas with you" has been donated to us by Joel!! We have one for sale at only $20!!

So excited about this and please visit his site at,http://jrosmusic.com/

Your choice of a Holiday Halter for your horse!! We have 5 and they are for sale at $30 each!!

Given by an anonymous donor, thank you so much!!

To see what may be available to you visit the CMHR store at http://store.chancesminihorserescue.org/hohoha.html

CMHR Tote Bag, we have 10 at $7 each.

Given by an anonymous donor, thank you so very much!

To see the Tote Bag go to http://store.chancesminihorserescue.org/cmhrtotebags.html

Again, state in a post here that you would like to purchase one of these items and it is yours, no auction, no waiting!!

Don't forget to continue to bid on the pyramid!! Lots and lots of money to be had here, but we've got to get up that pyramid!!

We have so many generous people, please take advantage, give to CMHR and get a great gift!!

How do those halters fit? I have B-size miniatures and they typically take an XL halter (at least in the halters from KayJay), so want to know if the halters are likely to fit my girls.

I asked that once and was told "an adult mini" so if you measure your horse's usual halter around the nose and around the poll, I'll measure one of those halters that I have and let you know if it'll fit your horses Chanda
default_smile.png

Email me the measurements at [email protected]

I asked that once and was told "an adult mini" so if you measure your horse's usual halter around the nose and around the poll, I'll measure one of those halters that I have and let you know if it'll fit your horses Chanda
default_smile.png

Email me the measurements at [email protected]
Thanks. I'll try to remember to do that in the morning.

Latest posts

Back