CMHR 2005 Benefit Calendar

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle@wescofarms

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]It's official - CMHR is going to print a Calendar for 2005!!!![/SIZE]

thumbup.gif
worshippy.gif
new_multi.gif
thumbup.gif
worshippy.gif
cheers.gif
new_multi.gif
worshippy.gif
cheers.gif
thumbup.gif
new_multi.gif

This idea has been tossed around by the Board of Directors and a few members for a few months, so now its time to get serious!

CMHR wants to produce a Calendar for 2005. We had planned on running a contest for photos, so we could have lots of fun with the photos selected showcasing minis both naturally and posed. But again with the time crunch, we're postponing this until the 2006 calendar, assuming a good response (i.e sold calendars!
biggrin.gif
).

Also as we're getting a late start on the calendar this year, if we do not receive enough response to ad space by July 23rd,
sad.gif
no.gif
we will postpone the calendar until March 2005 and go back to the contest format. We've looked at competitive bids for the calendar, so if we don't have enough ad commitment for this to be profitable for CMHR we just can't do it for 2005.

So, CMHR is seeking advertising to cover the costs of printing. We're expecting the spaces to go quick (the Board of Directors is ready to wipe out a bunch of spots already!!!), so if you think this is something you're interested in please don't wait!

We will give priority to members, but only if we hear from you in the next few days. If you are interested, please respond to me before July 23rd with a commitment email - full name, contact information and what ad space you want, if you have more than one choice, etc. We will be taking names at this point and are hoping for an overwhelming response once this hits the boards and elists. Contact - [email protected]

Below are the particulars.

CMHR Calendar 2005

CMHR will be producing a 12 month calendar. It will be priced at $12 with $2.50 shipping. PAID pre-orders before Sept 1, 2004 will ship free. We will be printing only 500 copies.

Ad format/design (full page & 1/2 page ads)

This can be the advertisers choice as to a single mini or herd, professional or natural photo, but must be tasteful, and of printable quality and camera ready. (i.e. if it's digital it must be 300dpi or higher - details to follow from the printer). If it is not camera ready, the printer will charge for any changes/edits, etc. Final approval of all ads will be determined by our editor.

AD pricing

Front Cover - $300.00 (this will be a sponsored page depicting CMHR's logo and a sponsored by section with photo, but no ads on the cover. The sponsor will have 1/4 page on the back for farm/ranch details and contact information). If two farms would like to split this that would be fine.

Business card ads - inside front cover and facing inside page. Each ad $30.00. We haven't heard from the printer, but probably 20 business card ad spaces are available. Business card ads must be clear and re-printable.

7 full page ads - the photo side of the calendar February, April, May, July, August, September, November - full page (the top photo side of a calendar) ad $150.00

6 half page ads March, June, October - 1/2 page ad space (same criteria as for full page) $85.00 per 1/2 page

January - depending on response this month may be auctioned on the Forum's auction site.

December is reserved for CMHR's rescued minis.

Monthly banner ad space (3 across the bottom of the number side of the calendar) will be available for $15 each. Again we do not have exact dimensions, but approx., 3/4"x3", so think ranch name, contact information, maybe logo. These may be slightly smaller/larger depending on the month/format.

Final words -

Should there be an overwhelming response, names will be drawn from a hat and the winners contacted. There will also be 2-4 alternates drawn as well.

Ads and payment for space will be due by the 10th of August. There will be no late pays!

If payment isn't received by the posted date, the alternate will be placed! There will be no exceptions! CMHR has to pay for the calender printing up front, so we do not want to play collection agent!
nono.gif

If you have any questions, please contact me

[email protected]

or one of the other Board Members!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Michelle Sharrock

CMHR Secretary

CMHR Website

* RESCUE * REHABILITATE * EDUCATE *

===================================

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an important reminder....

We are still looking for advertisers for the CMHR miniature horse calendar for the year 2005. This is open to all individuals no matter if you are a member of CMHR or not!

Time is running short, and if we don't have enough advertisers that wish to be in this calendar, then we will not be able to produce it. All proceeds from the sale of this calendar will be going to help rescue more horses as demand for our aid seems to be increasing.

Please Note: We have to book ALL the adds for the calendar prior to printing as the fees for advertising will just cover the cost of the printing of this calendar outright so that CMHR does not take any money away from the horses we are rescuing currently (I think that there are at least 5 horses that we are working cases on not counting the case in Ohio this past weekend!!!! ) This was discussed in detail amongst the BOD and we all felt that the funds we currently have are needed to go to helping horses that are now just starting to enter into CMHR's care, and not producing a calendar.

If you wish to participate in the calendar, we need to have ALL the spaces booked by July 23, 2004 so that we know if we can proceed or not. All ad types are still available, and the sponsored cover with an article on the back about your farm is available as well.

Our ultimate goal originally was to be able to have this calendar completed and ready for purchase at Nationals when we came up with the calendar idea a while back, but since CMHR has been so busy with rescues and other important tasks, we almost tabled the whole idea until next year....... Yes this is pushing it now.... Hence the tight timeline, but we really would love to have a fabulous calendar that is strictly comprised of some of the best miniature horses in the industry! No guarantees that we can produce it by Nationals, but the sooner we have the spaces booked, the quicker we can get a start on it and get it to the printers.

So if you are interested, and have any questions, please email any of the BOD of CMHR for details!

Thank you all for considering this fund raising option for CMHR!!!!

Hey Gals,

I might have missed it on the main forum
unsure.gif
but is the calender still a go-ahead?

fourhorses said:
Hey Gals,
I might have missed it on the main forum
unsure.gif
but is the calender still a go-ahead?
Thanks for asking...

Well, this calendar is proving to be somewhat difficult to work on. The editor for the calendar said that it takes approx 2 years to do a calendar like what you buy in the store!!!! I was a bit shocked to say the least!
wacko.gif
But the editor also said that we could probably do it quicker if we defined everything up front and supplied samples of a 1 month layout of what we are asking for to everyone to see so that the people submitting pictures understand what we are looking for. (Bad BOD.... Bad BOD... for not making it clear!)

We are trying to work through that and will be contacting those that wanted add space on the calendar to see how they feel about what we were envisioning vs what has been submitted. (I apologize on behalf of CMHR for us not making it really clear what we were thinking!!!)

Anyway, right now we are looking at maybe postponing the calendar because there is no way we can get it completed in time for Nationals, and since calendars are typically on sale by September for the following year, well, I think you can see that we are kind of rushing it if we try to make a deadline for a calendar for this year. Plus, we did not sell 100% of the add space either, so the extra time may make it easier to work on getting the add space sold. The majority of the months sold, but even there we are having some issues.

What we originally invisioned was to have a very pretty calendar with minimal words on each month so that it is the horses that are showcased. In other words, the page is mostly about the horse with a small caption below the picture saying who the horse is, who the horse belongs too, and giving contact info in that area.

So now we are looking at pushing the date out about 6 months. So the 2005 calendar would be an 18 month calendar with the last 1/2 of 2005 and all of 2006 on it. This means that we would of course have to sell a few more months as it adds to the cost of the calendar.

Again, we are still in the process of trying to decide how we have to proceed as we want this calendar to be one that everyone is very very proud to display. We are trying to do our best, but since none of us have ever done a calendar before, we are encountering things that we just didn't plan on.

Anyway, if you are still interested in participating, please contact any of the BOD members. And let us know your thoughts as well!

My sister-in-law works at a photo copying shop and amkes calander using family photos for Christmas. It is fast and they look very nice.

Sorry about the spelling, I was just checking in during a break at work and should have checked it. My typing is terrible.

Latest posts

Back