Close Call - Sitting Dog Position

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations! Stephanie,

I am so happy you were able to save that lovely filly. I felt like I was there with you as I was reading what you had written. She is one lucky little filly and you are so fortunate that you were able to get her out safely.

"Horse Song Sheeza a Miracle" that name definitely fits that precious baby!

Wow! How terrifying!! So happy to see your beautiful filly and to hear that both she and Mom are doing well

Congratulations!!! She is beautiful!!!

Not only is she a miracle but she is very easy on the eyes!!!

Congratulations on your beautiful girl and what an awesome horsewoman to have been able to what you did to have this happy ending!!!

Very scary is right! We had one (unfortunately very dead) presented upside down sitting dog style - it was awful getting it out (UC Davis repro team) as

Pretty filly Stephanie and so glad all went well for dam/foal! Is her new name going to be Miracle - LOL!!!

Wow, how wonderful that you managed to get her out. Good job! She is a miracle.
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Wow that would be terrifying! I am SOOO glad you got her out ok! She and her parents are beautiful!

Jessi

Congratulations on a job well done! Those sitting dogs can be REALLY bad.
default_sad.png
We've lost two that way that the vets couldn't get out.
default_sad.png

He's a beautiful FILLY!
default_wink.png

Charlotte

She is SO beautiful! Congratulations!! With two parents as beautiful as those--no wonder she is gorgeous!!!

Oh, how frightening that must have been.

You did so good… and she is Beautiful

[SIZE=12pt]Congratulations!!![/SIZE]

What a beautiful filly, and what a great save!!! I don't know how people do it without an Equipage or Breeder Alert.

Oh my goodness...how scary for you, so glad it all turned out well.

She is a doll.....congrats....and her Mom & Pop are not too hard to look at either I might add!
default_biggrin.png

Wow, you were lucky. What happens in these circumstances is the rear hooves of the foal get hung up on the pelvis under the foal as it's being pushed through the vault. One way to dislodge those hooves is to slip a hand in under the foal and work your hand under the hooves (I know easier said than done!). When the mare rests, gently lift up and try to push the feet back before the next contraction. If you can get that accomplished, you can usually deliver the foal normally after that. It also helps to have a 2nd set of arms pushing the foal back as you try to push the hooves back. A younger mare might not have survived that! Congratulations!
default_wub.png

Our filly is doing great, her legs are strong and she's running and bucking like all newborns. Thank you all for your congratulations.

Latest posts

Back