Clipping Wows!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight star stables

Reaction score
I just got some pictures of Midnight.. Some before & after clipping.. This was our first year clipping, & I'll never look back! Tell me what you think!
yes.gif

Before: taken in April/May

Midnight in his paddock with Billy in the background

Picture026.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Midnight by fence

Picture031.jpg

After: taken in June/July

This is me with my boyfriend/ best friend Bryan and our two minis, who can both do tricks... as you know
rolleyes.gif

MIDBIL.jpg

Here midnight is lying on his back! This is our newest trick!

back.jpg

This is Midnight in our barn.. Sun bleached n' all!!

Picture003.jpg

Midnights clipped face/neck/body (his legs were not clipped)

Picture7.jpg

Picture004.jpg

PS. if midnights feet look long in any picture, don't worry because we just his feet done at 12 this after noon!
rolleyes.gif
yes.gif

Thank for taking the time to look!!
yes.gif

SORRY the pictures are Soo Big!!
no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats cute!! I cant WAIT to be able to teach my new colt these tricks!!

-Gage-

Cute, but in the first AFTER pic...

Is that a leadrope I see wrapped around his hoof?! Thats dangerous

Too cute! Love the tricks! And I agree with ForMIniSeasonsFarm.. whats with the lead rope??
biggrin.gif
saludando.gif

I'm glad to hear that you are having fun with your minis. But please, remember that Midnight (the horse you have lying on his back) is a senior...

I have to agree with Hosscrazy, please be careful with your old boy...for some reason he does not look like he's enjoying being on his back...maybe it's me, but his facial expression looks a little strained. Please tell what the leadline on the leg is for?

It looks like you did a great job of clipping him and like you enjoy spending time with him. I love his face in the picture in the cross ties.

ForMiniSeasons, it looks to me like the leadline is laying in the grass BEHIND his hoof but I could be mistaken.

WhyMinis said:
ForMiniSeasons, it looks to me like the leadline is laying in the grass BEHIND his hoof but I could be mistaken.

429808[/snapback]

She had the pic bigger before, the the leadline is snapped and wrapped around his left front hoof.

So nice that you enjoy your minis...look good, Mary

Hey thanks, I am so glad & proud of these guys, there bout amazing!

Sterling, you are right, he isn't happy about being on his back... not because he is old or uncomfortable, its because he can't eat the grass!!! Every chance he gets, he will eat grass, there is nothing wrong with that, but he can't do it on his back!! When midnight lies on his side (playing dead) he will be flat on his side, not moving a muscle, except his mouth! He is still grazing!! So he is mad he can't eat, that’s all! Lol

The lead rope on Billy's leg is simple to explain, there are two or three ways to teach a horse to lie down: Food, force, or a trust mix. I happily use the trust mix; I gain my horses trust, reward with food & treats & apply pressure to help the mini to know what I want. Both our horses are fully trained, but the grass was tempting them, so when I asked him to lie down, he wasn’t listening, he had grass on his mind too, so went back to a training stage and applied pressure, it dose not hurt them at all & it helps them learn. The lead is only on his foot when he is lying down & I put it back on his halter when he is down, the picture was taken before I did that!

All problems are really because of the grass, all these horses were trained in our arena (With no grass!) & these pictures had to be taken outside and we were running out of time. So things weren't really done the way they usually were. We give our horses time and patients, but the lady taking the pictures (for a news paper) was out of time & getting annoyed… so we hurried them up a little, that’s all. They love doing the tricks, or they simply wouldn’t do them, I have one that won’t do them, so I let him be, & do something else with them (driving).

Desiree

In the 3rd after picture, his belly almost looks like its cream... could midnight have a cream base colouring..? ever though he looks black and hair is black? is that possible?

his legs seem darker than the rest of his body.. could that be Agouti(bay?)

i'm just woundering
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

thanks des

awwwwww that is adoriable. Im deff going to teach Co' that. Right now we are working on 'shaking hoof w/ hand' so its going to be a while ....
new_shocked.gif

yes.gif
yes.gif
yes.gif

You have done a great job with him and he seems like a very happy contented

boy. Best of luck and keep up the good job! Linda B
laugh.gif

Thanks Guys for all the compliments!
wub.gif
i love these guys so much
yes.gif

LovoCoco, if you would like, pm me & i can send you some training tips, I'm already sending one off to a few people, so i would love to help you, if you would like
biggrin.gif
yes.gif

Does any one have ideas on the colour?

thanks again Desiree

Latest posts

Back