clipping faces help needed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverstar

Reaction score
In the past i have seen some posts with diagrams on how to clip your horses face with different blade lengths etc... Does anyone have a link or a diagram they can post please???

I just want some help with how to clip my horses face to best show off his features but i DONOT want to bald ( sorry its just not for me
default_wacko.png
). I usually use a number ten all over ( cutting length 1.6mm ) but im sure i could do better!! Can anyone offer advice please??

Here is a pic of his head to see..

nwsc016_edited.jpg

081.jpg

default_saludando.gif
Hi!

I don't have a Diagram, but I use a 50 on muzzels and above there eyes and then I blend up with a 40 and then in to a 30.

I do Shave them, but with a 50 that is not "Balding" but leaves it looking clean and neat JMO. I think that them having shorter hair makes them look neat and clean and puts the finishing touch on them JMO!!

Hope that this helps you,

Sarah~

default_saludando.gif
Hi!

I don't have a Diagram, but I use a 50 on muzzels and above there eyes and then I blend up with a 40 and then in to a 30.

I do Shave them, but with a 50 that is not "Balding" but leaves it looking clean and neat JMO. I think that them having shorter hair makes them look neat and clean and puts the finishing touch on them JMO!!

Hope that this helps you,

Sarah~
Thanks Sarah that does. Do you have any pics of your horses clipped like this please??? Do you use a 30 on the bodies then??? Thanks
default_smile.png

You can see pic on the website, www.rosemilltrainingcenter.com

It depends on the horse we are clipping on some of them we do use a 30 on the body but on others we use a 15 (my black Stallion) last week I used a 15 on almost everyone for the show but I should have used a 30 there hair grew back so fast!!! I think they just look to tight and neat when they are clipped with shorter blades JMO.

I am getting two horses ready for the sale this weekend and I will be useing a 30 on both one is a dark gray dapple and the other is a sorrel. the dapple clipped out so nice last night I am hopping the sorrel will as well.

Thanks everyone thats just the kind of thing im looking for!!!!

We use a 15 on the whole head, never a 10... and the second diagrahm there posted by Erica is pretty much what we do.

On the ears, go with the hair on the outside and then on the inside of the 'tip' you can go against the hair to make more of a 'tip' there. (hope that makes sense?)

IMO He looks gorgeous as is. The one thing I would fix is the short fly aways on the mane and forelock, and maybe a 15 around the muzzle to get the whiskers off better. May have to clip or trim them off. But he looks very neat and clean.

Pretty boy!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back