Clipping Before and After

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
I remember someone doing a post like this last year and I thought it was fun, so thought 'hey, let's do it again!'
default_biggrin.png
I love seeing the differences in the horses from the wooly winter coats to the cool clipped coats!

Just post your before and after pictures of the horses you plan on clipping this spring.. I know it's still somewhat early for some, but go ahead and post the before pics and then when you get them clipped you can come back and update your post with the clipped picture!! (Maybe we could get this pinned at the top like the 2008 foals so it's easy to find and update???
default_smile.png
)

Anywho, here's the ones I'm planning on:

Smokey: 2007 appaloosa colt

BEFORE:

Smokey.jpg

AFTER:

100_1865.jpg

FINISHED!
default_biggrin.png

100_2271.jpg

Sky: our herdsire black near leopard overoloosa

BEFORE:

100_1521.jpg

AFTER:

102_2518.jpg

Vader: 2007 appaloosa colt

BEFORE:

100_1201.jpg

AFTER (head and neck)

100_2017.jpg

Electra: 2007 chestnut pinto filly

BEFORE:

100_1200.jpg

Axel: 2006 bay appaloosa colt

BEFORE:

Cutout6.jpg

AFTER: (head/neck)

100_1984.jpg

Buster: 2000 buckskin stallion

BEFORE:

100_1498.jpg

Chili: 2007 bay gelding

BEFORE:

100_1375.jpg

Lacey: 1994 black snowcap mare

No before pic
default_sad.png

AFTER:

100_2236.jpg

May have a couple others too!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've already clipped a couple for a show back in March, but I don't have any after pics yet so here are the before pics.

Dini: Will be shown at TMHV Celebration in amateur performance classes and Adult Versatility

smalldinibefore.jpg

Spring:

Will also be shown at TMHV Celebration in Amateur two year old mares and Solid Color(if her color comes in)

springright.jpg

I bought her with her partially clipped already

Jami:

I wish I could afford to take her too. Hopefully she will be shown later this year in Perry, GA and Fletcher, NC

HPIM1388.jpg

Jami was also clipped before I got her

Wow! These horses already look great in their winter woolies! I did get the Clipathon pinned last year--just PM one of the moderators to ask. I'll be posting some befores and afters of my own soon. Can't wait can't wait!
default_aktion033.gif

Willow before a 'professional clip'. I attempted it myself with human hair clippers.
default_blush.png
Picture049.jpg

And after.... my friends came to the rescue and 'fixed' her bad haircut
default_cheekkiss.gif

Picture808.jpg

Picture811.jpg

I always knew she was hiding something rather special under that baby fuzz.
default_wub.png

xox Leonie xox

Here is a pic of Miss Melody with her winter coat. It doesn't get so cold here so her coat wasn't too extreme.

DSC05289-1.jpg

And here are a couple of pics of her after I clipped her head and neck. I will post more when I clip her all the way
default_yes.gif

DSC05947.jpg

DSC05887.jpg

Hi Lucky C. Thank you very much for the compliment. Yes she is a buckskin pinto, but I'm not sure how dark she will stay. I haven't seen her in her summer coat yet. I just got her in January. I just
default_wub.png
her. She's cute and she knows it. Her name is Jami, but I call her the "wild child" or "miss attitude" usually. Her full brother placed top ten in the national futurity this past year, so I can't wait to see what's under all of the fuzz!

Here's another pic:

Jami.jpg

Here are two of my partial before and afters.

T's Dressed To A Tee

BEFORE:

P3120086.jpg

AFTER: (will add new pictures after I can do all of him!)

Tee2-1.jpg

Flaby's Society Belle

BEFORE:

Belle2.jpg

AFTER:

Belle-1.jpg

Hopefully I will have one more to add, baby Scarlett when she gets clipped in the summer.

Thanks
default_yes.gif
She is such a little diva right now!!!!! I have to start giving her a job because she is getting a bit too big for her britches :DOH! Quite the bossy little girl lately lol
default_rolleyes.gif

Brandi* ~ I am in LOVE with your filly
default_wub.png
She can come live with us anytime!!
default_biggrin.png

I clipped Miss Kassie today, and I was just as surprised as last year. I love to see what's lying under all that hair!
default_wub.png

Kassie Before:

IMG_0230.jpg

The Awesome After:

IMG_1634.jpg

Beautiful boys and girls out there!
default_yes.gif

~Rebecca

Latest posts

Back