Clippers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_Fortune

Reaction score
Im looking for a cheap set of clippers. I only have 2 horses & dont need the Double K Clippers(even though I would like them). In my search I have found the Wahl Pro Series Rechargable Cord/Cordless Clippers. Have any of you had any experience with these? Are they worth it? If not, can you suggest any that are?

Thanks.

Lorna

I have the Wahl Chromado cordless/corded clippers & I love them--but then I bought them for something very specific--clipping jaws & bridle paths. I can use these just out in the corrals to tidy the horses up, without having to bring everyone in for clipping with the double K's. They are great for that; I've also used them for clipping bellies on the due-to-foal mares, & I've clipped some of the foals when I want to see what kind of a croup is hiding under all that fuzz. I wouldn't want to use them for doing a full body clip for showing--that's what my Double K's are for. I find the blades last a really long time, even when clipping dirty horses. They do an okay job, but just not quite a smooth as the Double K's.

When I went to buy these cordless clippers I did initially look at the Pro series clipper. I could have bought it for $99 I think it was, and the Chromado was about $195. The Pro felt very light & I felt I'd be disappointed in it, so I decided to go for the higher priced model. I'm glad I did--I'm overall very pleased with this one.

Does anyone have an opinion on the Golden A 5's. How do they hold up for doing finishing and bridle paths and such work? I too am getting ready to buy some for finishing up body clipping with the bigger clippers and just doing bridle paths. I have used the A-5's but have found they get kinda heavy and a little hot in the summer after a long period of cleaning up legs or stuff like that.

Anyone help with some suggestions?

Thanks
smile.gif

My Golden A-5s get hot way too fast!! I wouldn't use them for anything more than a bridle path. I used to have to do my show clips with them, and even clipping one leg (that had already been clipped earlier in the year, so it wasn't winter hair!) made them get too hot. I usually had to stop before completely finishing one leg.

We've had the one set of Oster A-5 two speeds for 12 years and have used them for full clips and show clips. I also have the Goldens but never used them. They do take much longer to do clips than the Double K's but they have worked fine for US.

But now we have the Double Ks and love them! What a difference!
aktion033.gif

I did the same thing, looked for a less expensive answer to good clippers. I got a pair of A5s and they worked on my mini and my bichon and my Hubby, but I decided to resell them on ebay and put the money towards the double Ks . I am so glad I did. They are such a timesaver. They plow through anything. I only wish I had saved my pennies and bought them in the first place.

Promise

Here is a thought, Tony had a last year a set of used double Ks that someone trades in every year for a new pair. If I remember correctly they were 150 or 175. Thats a little more reasonable and you get your Double K

Among others we have the Wahl Pro Series and the Oster Golden . I like the little Wahl rechargable best of all. First, we do not do body clipping with the exception of some trimming in the very late spring. We clip fetlocks, bridle paths muzzels ears etc. constantly from spring until late fall. these little clippers fill the bill perfectly. They run for about twenty minutes on a full charge which is normally more than plenty of time. They can be run with the cord if need be as well. Small enough to fit in your pocket until needed while you do other things. They are relativly low price and long lasting.

Latest posts

Back